More leeches on-the-make from covid-19

When you brush the bullshit stuff aside there is very often another side the gutter always seems to miss.

When you brush the bullsh*t stuff aside there is very often another side the gutter always seems to miss.

This is similar to the smear campaign on social media (including AVF) against Richard Branson at moment. I understand that the public is very much in love with the NHS right now (as we should be of course), however, Branson was shafted when bidding on a contract and sued the NHS. Any other person/ company would have done the same in his situation. It's purely because it's the NHS that people are getting their arse in their hand. If it was BUPA he sued for being sneaky when awarding contracts, no-one would have batted an eye imo.

Edit: I forgot; the NHS settled out of court. Now, I'm not saying that this means that they were guilty of anything, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical Daily Mail rubbish at a celeb they dont like,
and whats wrong with using the furlough scheme? Its what its for.
Would you rather see she sacked them all?

Are they though? The Beckhams earnt their money elsewhere. Victoria's fashion company in 2018 lost £12.3m and in 2017 lost £10.3m. It's only kept going - with those 30 or so staff kept in employment - because they have been pouring their own money in.

The government has taken a decision to close down large parts of the economy. I don't see what is wrong with the business then taking advantage of the scheme designed to allow jobs to be retained for when the government removes the current restrictions. The company are paying the difference between what the government provides (up to 80%, to a maximum of £2500 per month per employee), so none of the employees are losing out and still retaining 100% of their income.

There are plenty of examples where companies are not paying the gap/difference, where there are much more wealthy owners than the Beckhams.

This is similar to the smear campaign on social media (including AVF) against Richard Branson at moment.

He has a beard and is a Remainer - in any story about him one or both of these facts are brought up by the triggered.

Not a fan of the Victoria Beckham but can't see what she is doing wrong. Just skimmed the article so maybe I missed something but as far as I can tell, rather than dismiss her staff she is retaining them on full pay.

That is better than a lot of companies are doing.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
Isn't this just an extension of working tax credits, housing benefit and any other in work benefits?

Something I think they should consider is getting their workers to pay them for their jobs, or maybe a deposit scheme to keep it available for when needed ;)

I find the title of this thread highly offensive. As someone in business struggling to keep 150 employees in their jobs, it never fails to amaze me the level of hatred and ignorance some people have for those in business.

Believe me, if it was an easy way to make money everyone would do it.

Any chance it's a Trump-branded product?

If you put Beckham's brain in a hazelnut shell it would still rattle ...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom