1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More LCD reviews from those people at Empire magazine

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by andrewf, Oct 19, 2005.

1. andrewf

andrewf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hadn't caught any movie news for a while so bought the November issue this lunchtime. Has an article

'Get ready for HD'

reduced down extracts as follows (assuming this is OK to do - I've probably just broken copyright laws reproducing this :rolleyes: )

Samsung LE26R41BD 'the best screen you can get for under a grand'.

VERDICT: for picture quality the set is unmatched by any other 26-incher. images detailed, rich colour, blacks darker than any other sub £1K screen.

Panasonic TX32LXD500 'the flat screen that sets the benchmark'

VERDICT: makes both SD & HD sing. For detail, contrast, colour this set is at very top of its game. theres virtually nothing to complain about............except maybe the price.

Very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would buy the Panny myself if it wasn't the cost, though now ther is the whole 'what about the 52' debate brewing. I assume that the Sammy being talked about is the one that has had the (no wsolved?) tearing issue, so I for one have never looked at this - perhaps time to re-review