1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More help with HT1000 picture?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gadjet, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for help on previous thread on "disapointment with NEC". Not projecter at all, its only showing exactly whats coming in, thats why so clear on DVD, just seen clips of Gladiator in Superbit, just love it!, anyway back to the subject Purely signal from "SKY" what the problem was. I have looked at tele picture and can see same problem on smaller scale. I now take video picture to pj and watch sky and anolouge through that with sky set at Pal.

So what would the picture be like with a picture from one of those Freeview pieces of kit. Are they the same as Sky?. If I use an analouge signal the picture has no blur at all. But the problem being that where I live the picture is not perfect either. Its ok on my normal tv but looks worse on the pj with the greater image size. Where if the signal was like at my mates only a couple of mile away it would be great.

The only remaining sad part will be for the start of next season. l was really looking forward to watching the games on big screenone of the reasons to buy a pj, lost now for ideas I think its has good as it can get on sky. Nothing to do with pj I know, sky really p... me off sometimes!

Any thoughts on those freeview boxes please and would they work for everyday channel clarity without the "sky blur",

Thanks for help,
    Phill

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hi Phill

Glad you're still in love with the HT :) Only wish I didn't see rainbows. Just watched Monaco GP on the demo HT I have and it was awesome. As my next door neighbour said "It's like being there. Much greater feeling of speed on the big screen".

Don't you just love pj's?

Anyway, what was interesting was that the adverts are always better quality than the actual programmes. That sucks. Why the heck would sky give more bandwidth to the ads??

I would suggest you buy a Freeview box from Argos and then you can try it and take it back within 16 days if no good. Try before you buy. Gotta be worth a shot.