more help on denon 3803

J

jmack

got my denon 3803 todat setup seemed to go well, just using 2 micros and a velodyne sub.

so stereo all round for now.

here is my problem while in the settings i seemed to lost the audio delay feature. was there now its gone.

goes from
7. zone control
9. subwoofer ect

no 8 should be audio delay.

i set it earlier to 40ms but its not right and now i cant find it

please help.

i have my both gallo`s set to 80 cross over and 80 on sub
is this right

Audio Delay is only a selectable option when the input signal is digital or you are converting the incoming analogue signal to digital (and back to analogue again) using a mode like PLII etc. :) It has no effect if you're using the amp in Stereo Mode on an analogue source.

cheers jase , so its pointless till i get my sky+ with optical out.

any other tips for me, all new to this amp stuff.

Originally posted by jmack
cheers jase , so its pointless till i get my sky+ with optical out.

any other tips for me, all new to this amp stuff.

Set the crossover on the Velo to MAX or use the Direct Bypass if it has one.

You could still use Dolby PL2, just means you'll have no surround action. What speakers have you currently selected in the Setup Menu? e.g Fronts Large, Sub yes etc.

i have the velodnye set to 80 cross over at moment MAX would be 200.

i have selected small for speakers .

i only have front left and right at moment.

if i sellected 200 for crossover on sub itself would i have to do the same on amp.( do they always have to be matched) at same level?

cheers for help;)

i have the velodnye set to 80 cross over at moment MAX would be 200.

i have selected small for speakers .

i only have front left and right at moment.

if i sellected 200 for crossover on sub itself would i have to do the same on amp.( do they always have to be matched) at same level?

Ok. You want to avoid having crossovers set to the same point. Best to have the sub set to MAX as the Denon is controlling the point at which the sub takes over from the main speakers e.g 80hz. You'll have a certain degree of roll off from one to the other. Your sub won't be producing bass at 200hz even when the crossover is set to MAX, it will have rolled off way before that. :)

Have you got the Centre Speaker selected as well or set to NONE? I can't remember if the amp automatically defaults to Large for the mains if there is no Centre speaker selected. Getting old! LOL

do i set the sub to max on sub or on amp sub settings

and leave the other speakers on 80 yes.

all other speakers set to none.

thanks for help.

what about volume on sub itself , at moment its on half way.

another daft question jase?

how do i select i different (audio)imput on the remote ie. i`m on tv how do i select dvd for dvd . its cant be hard ?

i press dvd or what ever i want on remote and nothing happens...

manual is useless like me:D :D :D

i`m using the 5 channel stereo for tv so i can use the audio delay.
but what is 5 channel stereo? is it same sound from all 5 speakers?
so i`m not missing any info just using the 2 speakers i have?

please if anyone out there with gallo micro + denon 3803 setup
has time to post settings and tips that would be super dooper:D :D

it also takes a long time for my sub to kick in. is this right?and comes in with a bit of a thud , not that smooth transition i used too

sorry for all the daft questions

Hi there JMack I'm currently setting up a 3803 as well, don't know if you've seen my thread, but anyway,

Set the sub to max on the sub itself and set the amp sub setting to 80Hz crossover.

If you set the speakers that you don't have to none in the setup then even when you select PLII you wont be lossing anything as the amp knows there are only the two speakers, this way you can have stereo sound with audio delay on sky.

With the remote control, I don't know if you were doing the same thing as me but the buttons near the top are to tell the remote what you want to control, to change source you need to press the buttons with the numbers on them further down, number 4 is for DVD, it says just above the button.

Any other problems let me know and any advice you come across please feel more than welcome to share with a felow 3803 newbe! :laugh:

Cheers

Ryan :smashin:

cheers rscott

thanks for telling me how to work remote, got it now:D :D

the simple thing always get me confused.

so if i select prologic 2 it will know i only have 2 speakers and sub? cool

(did i really say cool)

i will have many more questions in the days to come;) ;) ;)

bought mine from creative audio , very good sevice and the guy always emails back , even now at 11.20pm

cheers again

changed the crossover . my sub dont kick in though till i turn volume quite high. is this right. what cross over should i set my gallos too?

cheers rscott your help is really good

Do you mean your sub doesn't come out of stand by (I have mine in auto mode so the LED is red until a signal is received, then it goes green) then it could be that it needs a bigger signal, I generally have the input level on the sub around 12oclock, just increase the sub level on the amp in the global settings in the setup menu this will effect all surround modes and help your sub wake up. I suppose you could just leave it at 0dB like the rest of the speakers and increase the input level on the sub, but apparently from what I've read on here, the input level on the sub can effect more than just its volume and its best left around half way.

crossover wise, what are your gallos rated at, I reckon unless they state they can go down below 50/60Hz then your probably best having your crossover at either the THX recommended 80Hz or if the gallos are really lacking in the lower end then possibly even 100Hz.

I don't think I'll have everything setup properly for quite some time, definitely not until I get hold of an SPL meter, so I can set the levels properly and so I can check my subs response over the range, which SPL meter is the one that goes down to the 30/40Hz range, I remember reading that the Maplins one only goes down to 300Hz and so is no good for sub measurements??

Anyways keep me informed jmack, of your progress and anything interesting you come across and I'll do the same.

Cheers

Ryan :smashin:

how do i select i different (audio)imput on the remote ie. i`m on tv how do i select dvd for dvd . its cant be hard ?

i press dvd or what ever i want on remote and nothing happens...

Make sure the Remote is set to AMP (in the little LCD screen at the top), then press the relevant button like Ryan has said.

i`m using the 5 channel stereo for tv so i can use the audio delay.
but what is 5 channel stereo? is it same sound from all 5 speakers?
so i`m not missing any info just using the 2 speakers i have?

5CH/7CH Stereo just duplicates the stereo sound out of each speaker pair (surround left and right are the same as front left & right, same for surround back left & right) the centre speaker produces a mono mix though. You won't miss any info just using two speakers.

it also takes a long time for my sub to kick in. is this right?and comes in with a bit of a thud , not that smooth transition i used too

If you have the sub in AUTO mode then sometimes it doesn't sense the signal quick enough. You can get around this to some extent by using a Y Splitter at the sub and plugging into both the left & right inputs. Either that, or just leave the sub on all the time, you won't do any harm to it.

think i starting to get somewhere now guys

thanks to everone on this thread and the other threads for the help;) ;)

i thought setting my plasma up was hard , but i never seen so many settings and imputs:eek: :eek: :eek:

wtf is all those composite and s-video imputs for:confused: :confused:

i am now running in my 2 channel anthony gallo micros with my velodyne sub.

i am listening to N.E.R.D ,its a top cd and it rocks the room, sounding very good indeed:D :D :D

wtf is all those composite and s-video imputs for

Video Switching - using the amp as the central control point. Can come in very handy if you have lots of kit and not enough inputs on your TV/Display.:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom