more green wing?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by west, Jan 3, 2007.

1. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know there is supposed to be a special episode coming soon but it is that the final episode or will there be a new season later in 2007?:confused:

2. Mr.Orb

Mr.Orb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Green Wing Special tomorrow night at 10, yes its the finial episode

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    and i cant wait! :)

as i mention in Pooch's TV guide thread, in some ways i dont mind them ending it here, to be honest i think they've gone as far as they can with the characters, a bit like Fawlty Towers, to do more episodes would just get samey and predictable, then eventually people would say they should have stopped after the first couple series...etc.....

likewise Vicar of Dibley (havnt seen the final one yet) its had a good run, but to be honest i think there isnt really any more they can do thats unique....so why not wrap it up as the classic it is....

i actually first found out about the last Green Wing when i was on Amazon the other night.....the special is actually being released on DVD next monday!...whats all that about?...lol......bit quick.....still, good job i saw it, otherwise i wouldnt have known its on tomorrow night...heh (well, tonight now if you like)

4. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think green wing has at least another series in it but seeing a lot of the other British comedies at the moment I'm just glad we manage to get two seasons and the Christmas special out of it.

5. Deeez Nuuutz

Deeez Nuuutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    :( I missed this.

Is it scheduled to be repeated at all?

6. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
  7. sweetie

sweetie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Satuday on more4 at 10, I think.

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    HI,

Last night's 110-minute special is the alleged final ever episode, but I have to say, that it's got to be one of the worst TV episodes ever made! :eek: For the first hour, it's a complete mess of bits, and almost nothing happens. I videotaped the final 50 minutes, because I was - quite literally - falling asleep by this point! More to the point, almost everything that does happen, is totally unfunny! No cool dialogue. Bad music. Hardly any of the zany speeded-up/slowed-down sequences that are normally included, and absolutely appalling lack of humour! If this is how they intend to end this excellent series, then I would urge all of you to watch it on More4, before paying hard-earned money for the DVD, as it's really, really bad! :eek: :eek:

As an episode, I can only give it about 4 out of 10. As the conclusion to Green Wing, it can barely rate a 3. Absolutely the worst conclusion to a comedy show I've ever seen! A complete waste of two hours of my life, and a total :boring: and :thumbsdow !

I'd love to see what other people think of this ending, because I can't see me being the only person who will loathe it as much as I do.

Pooch

9. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i just watched it (sky+'d it last night)....cant make my mind up......

1st series, totally off the wall comedy show, mostly a well strung together series of sketches that cracked you up with an oddball style and that funky camera choreography and music.....

2nd series, off the wall comedy show, less well strung together sketches, mainly because they were interrupted by a more serious plotline.....something Black Books thankfully avoided........oddball style wasnt quite so common place but humour was still very funny, camera choreography became predictable as did music....

sort of spoiler ahead so printed in white, highlight below this line to read
    Finalé, more like second series, perhaps too morbid a tone to create the same atmosphere that made this show what it was.......didnt really find any crack me up moments, previous series had usually a couple moments a show when i just couldnt stop laughing and literally hurt the next day in the abdomen.......and i'd had a couple bottles of wine tonight so they really had no excuse.....can only assume they were more interested in tying things up...but even then then was no real finalé, they could easily undo everything to get another series....but to be honest, if they are contemplating turning it in to a more Casualty/Bill affair i'd rather they didnt.....i'll enjoy remembering the first two series, but i think its definitely best left where it is....

I'd like to see some or most or even all this cast reappear in a new show in a couple years time, something different obviously but still as refreshing and funny....to me the guys in this seem like the kind of actors you had in the Hi-De-Hi / Dads Army / You Rang M'lord days.....they could all reappear in a completely different show and still appeal......

overall i think most of all i'll miss the relatinship between Statham and his apprentice (always forget his characters name, boyce was it?).....some of the best comedy definitely came from them.....

Green Wing RIP, glad you came in to my life and showed the UK can do comedy again, last time i saw anything this good was the start of Red Dwarf....

10. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,203
    Statham has to be my character of the decade so far :thumbsup:

11. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    there were so many brilliant Statham moments, its hard to say which is best, but going on the fact i can still remember it in my head, i would say the scene with the speech therapist type woman was the best....cant remember the episode now, but omg i just could not stop laughing.....long after the scene finished i was still practically crying......last time i laughed that long was when i got a Lee Evans DVD....ok his humour is often crude and in some way simple but by god he cracks you up with the sheer energy in the delivery...heh

second best moment probably when they put his car in to his office.....heh

12. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,203
    I agree with Pooch, this episode was very poor compared to the high standard of the 2 series of this. For the first time ever I found myself not watching a lot of it and just waiting for the excellent Statham bits. The ending was crap as well in my view.
    I would have loved to have seen a 3rd series of this but if it was going to be anything like this maybe they stopped it just in time :)

13. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    aye, probably is a good job they didnt go for the third series.....

actually i found the HR girls probably the best bit after Statham......the main characters however just either didnt seem bothered or wernt directed enough....cant make my mind up which......plus i think they were trying to deal with too heavy a subject to make it as comical as usual...