• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

More government ineptitude !

Nick_UK

Banned
"Two satellite phones stolen in Iraq cost the Foreign Office almost £600,000 in bills, a spending watchdog says.

It took about 18 months before the phones were cut off, despite a junior staff member in the Foreign Office telephony unit querying the huge bills.

The National Audit Office said neither senior staff nor the Iraq Policy Unit bothered to look into it and continued to pay the itemised monthly bills.

One bill included calls to a South Pacific number totalling £289,991 - made to a £5.95 a minute number in the Wallis and Futuna Islands. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5201748.stm

No wonder we pay so much tax, when government departments squander our money like this :mad:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
:rotfl: :rotfl: You gotta laugh at this sort of thing, else you would just cry at the continuing ineptitude of people in power:rotfl:

klr10

Established Member
I used to work for an American company that sacked a colleague and didn't notice he still had his company car until almost a year later. They got the car back but didn't get any money out of him :clap:

If that was the Government they'd probably keep quiet for political reasons.... how much do we not hear??? :rolleyes:

zmoosa1

Established Member
Although this story is funny it makes you think how many other stories like these there we don't hear about

General Skanky

Prominent Member
I know of many people having been made redundant from my previous employer, who continued to be paid full salary for many months after their final day. Nice.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom