More gaming bargains at comet

Haggler

Nipped in my local comet yesterday afternoon, they have a few in store offers, some of them bordering on the ridiculous.

The following is what i purchased :-

Xbox 360 Splinter cell double agent for £2.99
Xbox 360 Top spin 2 for £2.99

Xbox 1 XIII for 99p

Wii Nights journey of dreams for £9.99
Wii Zelda twilight princess for £19.99 (see below)
Wii Zack and wiki for £19.99 (see below)

As someone posted in another thread and expanding on it, they have an instore offer of the wii games :- telly addicts, Rayman raving rabbids 2, Ratatouille and nights for £14.99 each, with an offer of buy any 2 and get £10 off. (Apparently this should only apply when purchasing a console, as my mate had already tried and failed to get the discount a day or two before but i could see no mention of this on the board)

They also had the offer of Zelda twighlight princess, Zack and wiki, resident evil umbrella and paper mario amongst others for £24.99 each with the same buy any 2 and get £10 off. (I bought 2 of these and was allowed to purchase them and get the discount without a console)

Their website also lists

Xbox 360 Viva pinata for 99p
Xbox 360 Blazing skies for 99p
Xbox 360 Ghost recon for 99p

Obviously these are now out of stock online, but i wouldn't be surprised if some store somewhere has them on the shelf at the £2.99 pricepoint.

Usama

Distinguished Member
My local Comet never has these offers. :(

Haggler

My local Comet never has these offers. :(
The xbox 360 titles for £2.99 were not there the day before when i picked up the wii titles and mysteriously appeared on the shelf the day after :D

*Quick update*

My mate called in again this morning and has purchased a copy of Xbox 360 top spin 2 still at £2.99 and Xbox 360 Rockstar presents table tennis for £4.99, again the later was not there yesterday. :eek:

Jacko Jab

They had 6 copies of Rockstar Table Tennis for £2.99 in the Hereford branch yesterday afternoon - I imagine other branches must be selling the game for the same price too

Haggler

They had 6 copies of Rockstar Table Tennis for £2.99 in the Hereford branch yesterday afternoon - I imagine other branches must be selling the game for the same price too
Indeed they chopped a further £2 off it since and this seems to be the new pricepoint in all their branches, lol it's not a bad game either especially for £2.99.

Just seen (yesterday) xbox 360 lost odyssey in a stoke branch for £19.99, that too is a bargain, the offer isn't on their website though and makes me wonder sometimes if it's worthwhile ordering anything online.

bankies

Check my local Comet tonight and all for the 360

Top Spin 2 £2.99
Pinata Party Animals £0.99

Not great but not too bad :thumbsup:

Haggler

Top Spin 2 £2.99

I think you'd be hard pressed to complain at those prices, pinata animals instruction booklet probably cost more to print. :D

jonnyhardaker

Check my local Comet tonight and all for the 360

Top Spin 2 £2.99

Went to mine (Bradford) and had Top Spin 2 (£2.99), Table Tennis (£2.99) and Viva Pinata Party Animals (scanned at £9.99 not £0.99)

Usama

Distinguished Member
What's better Tabel Tennis or Top Spin 2?

Moogle

Distinguished Member

They are both good but then you can't really compare them as one is a Table Tennis game and the other is a Tennis game. Two different sports. Plus Top Spin 3 is out in a few days and will be way better then number 2. I have number Two as well as the first one on the original Xbox and whist the second one was good it wasn't a bog improvement over the original. The third one should be a lot better from what I have read.

Haggler

Actually i found they both played very similar, i know they're completely different sports but the table tennis plays so similarly to tennis it's hard to tell the difference in feel at least, both are well worth the £2.99 asking price anyway, but i did find my lcd through hdmi would not play the 60hz only topspin 2 (obviously it was fine through scart though, but that's not what i bought my lcd for) personally i prefer the table tennis anyway and it looks lovely too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRcN1IOe3p0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLjPHoh3wU

Last edited:

Usama

Distinguished Member
They are both good but then you can't really compare them as one is a Table Tennis game and the other is a Tennis game. Two different sports. Plus Top Spin 3 is out in a few days and will be way better then number 2. I have number Two as well as the first one on the original Xbox and whist the second one was good it wasn't a bog improvement over the original. The third one should be a lot better from what I have read.

Actually i found they both played very similar, i know they're completely different sports but the table tennis plays so similarly to tennis it's hard to tell the difference in feel at least, both are well worth the £2.99 asking price anyway, but i did find my lcd through hdmi would not play the 60hz only topspin 2 (obviously it was fine through scart though, but that's not what i bought my lcd for) personally i prefer the table tennis anyway and it looks lovely too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRcN1IOe3p0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLjPHoh3wU

Thank's.

Will probaly get Table Tennis. :)

Haggler

They seem to have added a few more titles, here's a couple i picked out.

mass effect (360) for £14.99 Link

fifa street 3 (360) for £24.99 Link

Last edited:

bigkingy

I got Magic made fun for £9.99 and Zelda phantom hourglass for £14.99.Both on DS. Two games I have been looking out for for ages at a good price, quite pleased to get both for under £25:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom