1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More EVENT news.........

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gordon @ Convergent AV, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Event Update:

Things have been progressing and I can now share some more news with you. The following is a preliminary plan of the days events including the equipment we will definately be showing.

Morning 10.00am-12.30pm:
    The main dem room fits 15-16 folk comfortably so we will do this in blocks of that amount. I'll try and organise folk together before hand so those coming up that morning are in later slots and those staying at Ibis on Saturday are in first. After the initial morning session it'll be an idea to go and get lunch or a snack somewhere before returning for the afternoon.

This session will be me, Richard from Snell and Wilcox and possibly another industry expert going through what happens when you plug things in and configure your system wrongly and just how easy it is to make a fantastic product look crap! We'll show you test patterns and explain how what you see on the pattern relates to real world experience. We will have available in this room...
    TAG DVD32r, Iscan, Vigatec GVC1280 with SDI in, Pioneer 737 DVD player modded with SDI out, a HTPC, Sanyo PLV30 (lcd), SIM2 HT200DM(dlp), JVC D'ila (not sure exact unit), SIM2 420crt (seven inch), an eight inch and a nine inch crt projector. All firing at a Stewart Luxus Delux screenwall 235 cm wide 16:9 aspect ratio studiotek130 material.

In the afternoon session in this room we will go from the PLV30 upwards adding doublers, scalers and progressive scan devices where necessary to show the performance steps available.

After the morning session folk will be able to visit other rooms in the shop to see more specific dems while waiting for, or after their "bottom to top dem".

Room1: We'll do dems of video processing in here using a SelecoHD800 crt unit and a Stewart screen like the one in the main room, only 100" diagonal in size. Comparisons of Iscan, Rock, HTPC (probably Kryton) and possibly another Vigatec GVC1280.

Room2: This room will have a Stewart greyhawk screen. We'll do direct comparisons of some fixed panel projectors. They will be used with Arcam FMJ27 DVD player primarily. SIM2HT200DM, SIM2 HT250, Sanyo PLV30, possibly ToshibaMT3 and possibly Sanyo PLV60.

The Quiz is coming along. It'll be available for download before you all come. If we manage to mark it in time winners will be announced before end of day. Arcam have kindly donated a prize the exact specs of which will be revealed on the day. Lutron and X10 lighting for runner up and "best question" prize.

So, it's looking pretty good now I think. I must say I'm getting a bit sweaty about it all though......

More news when I have it. All the best,

Gordon
    :cool:

2. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Can't wait,

Looks like a unique opportunity to compare so many projectors/ scalers etc. It would be pretty much impossible do this all at the same time anywhere else. should be very interesting.

Regards Rob.