• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

More details on Panasonic freesat TVs - the first in the UK with HD tuners built in

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
As we mentioned in our news story about freesat on May 5th, Panasonic is launching a range of TVs with integrated freesat tuners. And today, following the official press launch of the freesat service, we can bring you a bit more detail on these ground-breaking sets (the first in the...

More...

M

Marky P

I want one :D. 50" should do it:thumbsup:. I wonder if they will be Freesat only or also include a DTT tuner?

IanPtv

Standard Member
They'll have DVB-T ("Freeview"), DVB-S2 ("Freesat HD") and analogue tuners. They're also required by EU law to include a common interface slot which can be used to add pay DVB-T channels (Satanta) or if the tuning functionality allows it (non-Sky) satellite pay TV channels, but I doubt the latter.

An integrated Freeview/Freesat EPG would be very good, giving easy access to the channels that are exclusive to each platform but I expect they'll be kept to separate operating modes.

The ability to output from one digital tuner while viewing on the other would be nice for people with only a VCR or analogue tuner DVD recorder and no DTR.

marty2005

Prominent Member
a full electronic programme guide system for the freesat service based on the impressive one Panasonic uses for its Freeview EPG.

Isn't this Guide+ ?
I know it's on their new dvd recorders and apparently also on their new tv range.

If that is the case then it's not "impressive" especially with the ads.

the first in the UK with HD tuners built
Not strictly true, Sony have been shipping HD capable DVB-T and DVB-C HDTVs since last year.

But I guess these are the first ones useful to us in the UK.

shuggy

Established Member
I have a loewe spheros hd which has had a dvb-t HD tuner since last year
. Is this a different format yet again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom