More details on GTA4

The PS3 and 360 versions of the game are reportedly identical, although some form of exclusive episodic downloadable content will be available for the Microsoft console.
The more of these I read the more I get annoyed with Sony.....

The more of these I read the more I get annoyed with Sony.....

i think PS3 will get plenty of downloads for GTAIV too.

'exclusive content' is very vague and could mean anything - like a car with 'xbox360' writen on it or a 360 joypad shaped hat to wear ;)

just wait and see what happens...

not happy about the lack of planes...I was hoping that they would allow you to fly to the moon...something I never quite accomplished in the hover jet...seemed like everytime I got close I went crashing down!

i think PS3 will get plenty of downloads for GTAIV too.

'exclusive content' is very vague and could mean anything - like a car with 'xbox360' writen on it or a 360 joypad shaped hat to wear ;)

just wait and see what happens...

They've done that because GTA is really a PS title, so now this is a dual release, they probably want to try to shift more Xbox copies or at least get even numbers between the PS3 + Xbox.

PS3 owners will get the content eventually.

They've done that because GTA is really a PS title, so now this is a dual release, they probably want to try to shift more Xbox copies or at least get even numbers between the PS3 + Xbox.

Why would they possibly want to do that?? What do they care which console people buy it for as long as they buy it?

New GTA4 info from IGN

The Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition is presented in a customized Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box. The box contains a GTA IV artbook, a CD soundtrack, a keychain, and a limited edition duffle bag.

Bit disappointed it's not on the scale of San Andreas. Like a whole state. You could just **** about on San Andreas for hrs and hrs and not actually play the game, some of the mad police chases were awesome and was a massive part of the game IMO.

Maybe the next one will be.....

Bit disappointed it's not on the scale of San Andreas. Like a whole state. You could just **** about on San Andreas for hrs and hrs and not actually play the game, some of the mad police chases were awesome and was a massive part of the game IMO.

Maybe the next one will be.....

I think this one is about quality and not quantity.

Was the vast highway in San Andreas REALLY that great? Yes i did give you awesome car chases and fun on a Sanchez but that was about it.

Flying in and out of alleyways in a densly populated city sounds like much more fun to me.

I terms of planes, would you fly round new york in a plane? Also setting the game in new york and having planes would be a little distasteful IMO.....

the game only has one airport plus it would only take seconds to get from one side of the map to other so what sthe point of planes and its allready been confirmed it has helicopters :thumbsup:

new screens an a bit of info on gamesradar now!:thumbsup:

From the eurogamer article

In case you missed it, Microsoft revealed at X06 that Xbox 360 owners will get "exclusive access to two downloadable, epic episodes of GTA IV via Xbox Live, each with hours of entirely new gameplay and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title".

We're told to expect much the same deal on PS3, except unique to the platform. Interestingly, the downloadable content, our source maintains, will take the form of brand new areas which will link into the main GTAIV game world.

"Think of the world as a large island - the new downloadable areas will be like smaller islands linking into it," the source explained. (Which is a structural analogy, rather than a suggestion that the game is set on an island, we hasten to add.)

So both systems should be getting new "epic episodes" but they will just be exclusive to each system. Just means i'm gonna probably have to buy both versions :rolleyes:

I think this one is about quality and not quantity.

Was the vast highway in San Andreas REALLY that great? Yes i did give you awesome car chases and fun on a Sanchez but that was about it.

Flying in and out of alleyways in a densly populated city sounds like much more fun to me.

I terms of planes, would you fly round new york in a plane? Also setting the game in new york and having planes would be a little distasteful IMO.....

theres no doubt that gta 4 will be an amazing game, but i would be lying to say i'm not dissapointed about planes not being included, or any form of aircraft other than helicopters . I thought the vast space on san andreas was absolute quality, beig able to pick a plane up from that airfield then cruise over which city u wanted was a great plus for me, especially being able to parachute out as well and land on buildings you completed missions in a few weeks back of playing the game, everything seemed to link and its a shame they won't build on that, however the fact that the new one is based in one massive city, rather than a spread out landscape will hopefully and i'm most certain will bring some amazing new ideas that willl make up for that loss. i just hope the game doesn't lse its appeal by becoming to much like reality.....

Well it seems to me that a lot of games developers are going down the route of on-line upgradeable content on a pay-as-you-go system. So for an extra £xx you could get another city added to the game.

Don't know about all the hardcore gamers out there but I for one am starting to get anoyed by this trend. I just want to buy a game that has all the stages as it should from day one and not be forced to upgrade and buy extras online just to extend the game (which was most likely made short for this purpose). It seems you're buying half a game these days.

I think my gaming days are coming to an end. :(

Well it seems to me that a lot of games developers are going down the route of on-line upgradeable content on a pay-as-you-go system. So for an extra £xx you could get another city added to the game.

Don't know about all the hardcore gamers out there but I for one am starting to get anoyed by this trend. I just want to buy a game that has all the stages as it should from day one and not be forced to upgrade and buy extras online just to extend the game (which was most likely made short for this purpose). It seems you're buying half a game these days.

I think my gaming days are coming to an end. :(

A difficult issue but given the potential sums involved is one that is not going to get better, but rather far worse. I think it really depends upon the nature of the DLC on offer as some definately would stand up to scrutiny as an expansion while some offers nothing than what you would expect the game to have included all along. I think the biggest outcry on this subject was with the GT that never happened... where to have accumulated all of the vehicles already in the PS2 version added up to hundreds of dollars.

As an owner of all three current gen machines been around arcade, virtual console, DLC paid transaction, etc for over a year now and I find it difficult to form a basis for condemnation or exultation. Oblivion for example offered some content that was utterly pointless and should have been there to start with (Horse armor) while other elements such as Shivering Isles and KotN were definately expansions that I consider worthwhile purchases.

Really comes down to what the game is and what kind of content is offered, if the game plays and feels complete then it is less of an issue to consider DLC as expansions whereas I struggle to justify buying a car pack and have to really think if its worth the price when not really expanding anything.

Given the scope of the previous GTA games I would be very disappointed if there was only say ten hours worth of play time before you had to resort to DLC for more, but that is an expectation from those previous games.

Don't really have an issue either way at the moment as nothing has made me feel gipped on the game front in the first place so far. The only thing that annoys me about the DLC here though is the prospect of different content for the different machines as no doubt there will be worthwhile purchases on both sides of the fence but I am unlikely to buy (or more specifically play through) both versions just to exploit that. Rather just be able to buy the one version of the game that appeals more at the time without having to contemplate what will be happening in some future timeframe with regard to DLC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One song has been kind of announced by a dead prolific Nigerian Artist
Fela Kuti - Sorrow Tears and Blood click here
"A great piece of funky jazz music (Fela Kuti - Sorrow Tears & Blood) plays on the bassy car stereo too and really adds to the vibe." Gamespot

He has so many but its about time his music has been noticed

Nobody seems to be talking about what for me will be the most important part of the game-MULTIPLAYER!

I cannot find any info on this aspect anywhere,although it is definitley confirmed.Anyone know any details?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom