• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

More Cricket?

Mike.P®

Prominent Member
Taken with 2 different lenses, both touched up with photoshop (colour, sharpness etc).

One taken with a up to date Tamron 28-135mm fully automatic lens and the other with a old screw mount fully manual Vivitar 90mm F2/8 Macro lens.

Which do you prefer?

IMGP98372.jpg

IMGP9861.jpg

IMGP9858.jpg

GYRODEC1

Established Member
When you gave the name More Cricket as your title thread, I thought Oh Boy!, someone who is actually mad on cricket like myself.

But I was sadly disappointed. Only after reading the thread about how good the photo quality is. In my opinion, I can't tell .

GYRODEC1

teejay38

Established Member
I'd say No 1 is sharper than the other two. Colour rendition is clearly different but I don't know which is more "true to life".

Tom

Strobe

Prominent Member
No.1 is clearly the sharpest but I find the out of focus areas a bit messy and distracting. Prefer 1 to 2 and 3 though. Focus on 2 and 3 looks to be out, not helped by the fact that the twig is in front of the bug.

Which pics were taken with which lens?

onefivenine

Prominent Member
I would say #1 seems to produce better a quality image, well, considering this isn't really a scientific test it's hard to quantify 'better' from what you've posted.

Roughly how big is the cricket in these shots?

Mike.P®

Prominent Member
I would say #1 seems to produce better a quality image, well, considering this isn't really a scientific test it's hard to quantify 'better' from what you've posted.

Roughly how big is the cricket in these shots?

Sorry, been back in the UK for a few days and only just returned tonight.
I wasn't asking which was better, just which one was preferred.
The item in question, which I have been informed from another forum is a locust was probably around 5/6" long.

No 1 was the older Vivitar
No 2 and 3 were the Tamron.

Have returned with a 90mm Tamron F2/8 Macro lens and 1.4x teleconverter to play with. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom