• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

More crashing woes... :(

Jamesemt

Standard Member
Had Sky+ for about four years without problem. On my second box now (upgraded two years ago, as the first box was getting on a bit).

Fitted a 250GB HD about three years ago which worked without fault. When Sky Anytime became available I got a bit cheesed off with losing the space, so upgraded to a 500GB HD. Everything seemed fine up until last week. The box is now freezing/crashing at random. Occasionally when it comes back online it will show the odd failed programme in the planner (from weeks ago after appearing OK, not just due to the crash...). I removed Sky Anytime downloads, did a planner rebuild, and it was fine up until yesterday.
However now It's started crashing on playback and also will partially crash while watching live TV - you only know it's crashed as none of the buttons are responsive. What are the common issues with the box? Any way to test if it is the HD (unlikely as its only 3 months old). Always had instant rewind switched off. The box is the Pace model with the vents in the top (3rd generation??). Any advice?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom