1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Canal+

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by chung54, Aug 8, 2002.

1. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to bring this up again, but inmy search for a Canal+ supplier I've come across a company who say they can supply and fit a system which will enable me to watch Dutch Canal+. The bonus is that they said they can supply me with a encoder and a card and all I have to do is put new codes on the card each month, not sure if they will supply the codes as he mentioned loads of websites that will have the info.

Has anyone got any experience of this, are the codes widely available?

Cheers

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Careful !
    I believe that C+ Holland will be moving from original SECA encryption to the new SECA2. There are rumours that Seca2 has been hacked - but such rumours are most unreliable.
    Be aware that satellite piracy & hacking does not just involve hobbyists.
    Some aspects are believed to be controlled by the Russian mafia & similar entities in other countries.
    I cannot comment further - but I do monitor traffic about such matters in a couple of sat-forums and on Usenet , alt.satellite.tv.crypt

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for your reply again, taking that into consideration, I suppose the only way round it would be to buy a satellite system from Holland, subscribe using an address over there, get the dish installed over here and use legal card, albeit in another country?

Don't suppose you know of a way of getting hooked up to Canal+ NL from over here via any retailers here do ya, I know you told me about the non-open skies thing last time, but I really really do not want Sky, all the channels barring the footy ones are either repeats, home shopping, holiday channels, home cooking and DIY. Oh yeah, there are film channels but you got to pay for them on top of your subscription, what's the point?? Aaarrgh!!

Cheers and sorry for the mini rant!

4. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Cheapest way is certainly to find someone with a Dutch address to do it for you. Not sure how restrictive they are but I know of cases in France where Brits have managed to sign up & get card & box whilst on a day trip to Calais or Paris - possibly giving a false address :)
    I know of cases where one gets a $ky sub in exchange for a foreign sub too - with communication via a forum or Usenet.
    There are some outfits that will sell you a genuine subscription - just as there are people/companies that sell $ky subs to non-UK residents - with a fair charge for their services/involvement.
    BradleyWood (should find them via a search engine) used to sell foreign subs & I'm sure there are others. A long enough web & Usenet archive trawl should reveal some info.
    At Mediacast (ex Cable & Satellite) show in Docklands this year BradleyWood were simply showing Internet via satellite stuff - no trace of anything shady.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    chung54 , i've sent you a pm.

6. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Thanks for your replies to this thread, I've managed to sort out a legite box with subscription from overseas plus the new decoder. Just needed a Dutch address, ID card and bank account in order to subscribe, most of the satellite shops I emailed over there were happy to fill out the forms and send the equipment over, pretty cheap as well for the whole system, including Dish worked out to be about £260, 499 Euros.

Anyway, just wanted to say ta!!

7. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,744
    I thought there was supposed to be a free market in Europe !!

8. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd think so, but as Chris mentioned in a previous mail about Canal+, it's not the case where satellite broadcasting is concerned :mad: