MOre box marking wrongness..

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by museumsteve, May 9, 2002.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,088
    Following on from my Burnout crusade (to find out why Acclaim/Criterion have HDTV on the PAL Burnout box)

Anyway, a mate of mine bought Pirates The Legend of Black Cat on UK Xbox. The main reason he looked at it in the first place was because the case states DTS Interactive (like the PS2 version) alas when he tried at home there was no sign of DTS at all.

Is this gonna become the norm..is it lazy QA or is it the fact the some of these people simply don't know what they're doing..
    It's a little worrying..

2. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I think DTS interactive is a company and not the Digital Theatre Sound digital sound format?(possibly?)

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,088
    DTS Interactive is the name given to DTS encoded sound which DTS have licenced out to game developers (mainly EA). EA have been using it on some of their PS2 games to quite good effect. It seems that maybe it got left on the cover art for the PS2 artwork when it was changed for the Xbox artwork.
    Sloppy QA though surely..:(

4. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wasnt aware that the PS2 did in game surround sound - so how could they have DTS sound ?. I was under the impression that the Xbox is the first concole to be able to do 5.1 sound - thats what it said in all the reviews ive read.

Spike

5. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    PS2 games have been doing DTS 4.0 for quite a while now (I think SSX Tricky was one of the first).
    Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2 even uses Dolby Digital 5.1 for the non-interactive parts of the game (I the majority of the game;) )

John

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    SSX Tricky DTS is the best game sound effects I have heard, not heard an Xbox in surround yet. Why havent GAME etc worked out that they could offer all of the games feautres on a demo. I played rogue leader on a 42" RP in Game with no sound, Not as impressive as I had hoped, All I got was some oik telling his mate that the GC is less powerful than a DC and the Xbox is more powerful than the best PC's!!!!!! Wonder what he'd make of a Silicon Graphic Indigo or 02:D :D :D :D Muppet