1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Bond Casting issues

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cmcg55, Jul 16, 2005.

1. cmcg55

cmcg55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like as well as the never ending "will he or won't he?" with Brosnan, apparently Bond won't be back - Samantha Bond, Moneypenny, that is. She's decided enough's enough for her, and has bowed out of the role.

I'd give it to Liz Hurley - (a) face it, she isn't exactly busy, and (b) she does the naughty posh-girl tease-act pretty well (see Bedazzled).

Also rear (bad news)... both Keira Knightley and Britney Spears are being considered for roles as Bond Girls. That's awful - neither is Bond Girl material (not to mention if Brosnan comes back, he'd look like a dirty old man next to them). What next? Mrs Beckham (aka Chav Spice)? Jordan?

As for PB - apparently the chances of his return have been boosted a bit by him getting support from Sony (the distributors). Sony have apparently told Barbara Broccoli and her husband (who're at loggerheads with PB over his demands for $40m up front + a % of the gross) that either it's Brosnan or a well-known replacement i.e. they aren't happy with the notion of Daniel Craig and favor Clive Owen instead. Hugh Jackman looks to be out of the picture as his monetary demands are in the same range as Brosnan's, and he's hoping for an extended-deal for the Wolverine character in any case.

2. bruce-leroy

bruce-leroy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,916
    I think someone like Jane Seymour could be Moneypenny. She's still looking good!

And I like the idea of Clive Owen as Bond.

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,360
    I think Clive Owen could be a great Bond. Definitely don't like the idea of Britney Spears being thought of, although thats just probably rumour anyway. Keira Knightley is a great actress but I don't think she has the front for it.

4. misterkraig

misterkraig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Clive Owen or Daniel Craig would be good as Pierce's replacement. Anyway they should go for an harder edged Bond with less emphasis on SFX. Owen and Craig would be perfect. Although Brosnan can be ruthless at times but still a little light on his recent outings.

As for Bond girls, Spears and Knightley are terrible ideas. Bond girls should be classy, I am afraid as much as Knighley is a beautiful girl, she is just a kid. Spears, easily a sexy lady but not classy. They should look for exotic unknowns like in the sixties, someone with the look of Adriana Lima for example.

The bad guy should a well qualified thespian perhaps someone like Ian McKellan or Anthony Hopkins. I would prefer qualiy over fame and keep it as British as possible. It hasnt done Harry Potter any harm?

5. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Agree. If you want classy and beautiful, then i nominate Monica Bellucci.

mhomminahomminahommina :devil: :devil: :devil: :smoke:

6. cmcg55

cmcg55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking for that phrase. Of course, you're referring to on-screen presence, not Keira's lack of the other kind of front :eek:.

I think that's more the screenplay department rather than the actor. Actually, that's been one of Brosnan's gripes - that he wants the character to have both a harder edge and to have more vulnerabilities, as he did in Goldeneye, and for there to be less emphasis on gadgets.

Monica B would be ideal, far more in tune with what a Bond Girl could be. Angelina Jolie would fit as well.

7. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,360
    No I wasn't :devil: Bond girls are traditionally curvaceous. As beautiful as Keira is, she doesn't have the traditional bond girl figure.

8. cmcg55

cmcg55
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just getting you to say it rather than me :hiya:

I totally agree though - Bond girls are meant to be voluptuos, not anorexic. KK has a gorgeous face, but she's thin as a rake.

9. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    My fav Bond movie of all time has to be License to Kill...and anything that takes us back to the darker days would come as a welcome relief.

Has there been a better theme song? Has Bond ever been given such a hard edge? Was a bond girl ever as beautiful as Carey Lowell? And as for the baddies - Robert Davi and Benicio Del Toro were just great.

Ok, the SFX were a little dodgy by today's standards....but it was the hard-as-stone edge to it that I loved. Somehow, it just seemed a bit more adult.

The tag line says it all: His bad side is a dangerous place to be!

As for who plays Bond when PB packs up his Walther PPK? He's got to be a hit with the ladies, and as hard as fudge for the boys: it can only be Vinnie Jones!

Think about it: Bond goes Cockney! It's a winner.

"Oi, Blowfelt. Do you expect me to grass?"

10. Fast Jon

Fast Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You are taking the :censored:

11. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Or the tits :devil:

:rotfl:

12. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Completely agree with that - I thought LTK was terrific, I think Bond needs that darker edge in order to be credible, I mean at the end of the day this is a guy who basically goes around killing people for a living!

[​IMG] :nono:

13. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Lex...don't worry, I was joking. I wouldn't even cast Vinnie as "third henchman from the left in fight scene".

Don't think Clive Owen is right for the part...and just can't see Daniel Craig getting it either.

I'd like to see Damien Lewis give it a go, as I think he's got the range.

14. crobo

crobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Maybe I'm biased, but I think we need a Geordie Bond to bring in a little more gravitas. My favourite would be Jimmy Nail.

"Shaken not stirred, like."

15. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    the ideal bond would be Rab C Nesbitt :D

Gary

16. crobo

crobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Gary
    OT but I just added Hostage to my Amazon rental list. You only gave it 5, is it really that crap? The Amazon reviews were OK.

17. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    :offtopic: first off - i love bruce, i love his action films and i love the fact that he pushed himself to do Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Hostage is not very good, its an intresting story but it's all a bit weak. its all right hence the 5 - but i doubt you'd come back to it again and again.

just my thoughts - yours may be different.

Gary