More Bass wanted

peterj9

Novice Member
Hi everyone, i'm looking for advice, ive just purchased my new TV my Sony KD-65X9509 with the dolby atmos, now the sound for a TV is awesome and cant complain BUT im wanting more Bass which means i need a soundbar system, i spoke to the Sony salesman who said no soundbar would make the system sound better so the advice needed is what do i buy that doesnt ruin the sound i have already have as its all about the bass, do i buy a very expensive sony sound bar or do i buy a cheap on, im super lost and no idea anymore.......Please help haha.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
i spoke to the Sony salesman who said no soundbar would make the system sound better

What a load of nonsense. Why would they sell soundbars and AVRs if they didn't sound better than TVs?

However, good bass comes from a good subwoofer and the subs with soundbars are small compared with a separate sub you'd buy as a surround system and AVR.
It depends upon your idea of bass is.

peterj9

Novice Member
Well thats what i was thinking, but with it having that Atmos built into the tv it sounds amazing just its missing that rumblen ow if i add a sound bar would it mess that Atmos sound up, and im not need super shake your house down bass, i have an old sony surround sound wich is bulky and dont want all the wires and speakers in each corner of the room as its not needed as the sound is amazing, no other way of getting some bass without the bar set up is there ????

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
If you had a soundbar there wouldn't be any audio from the TV. It would all come from the soundbar.

You don't have Atmos speakers in your TV, just some clever processing.

Last edited:

peterj9

Novice Member
Ok well i dont want that haha because its amazing so i need another option for bass without all the mess of chunky boxes and wires, or i may have to leave it standard grrrrrr

peterj9

Novice Member
There is no subwoofer output on your TV. So you're out of luck there.
Just my luck really haha well i thought i may ask on here, im not that clued up on these things, shame as well as thats all thats missing to make it a perfect tv set up for me.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom