• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Morduant Short Premire Plus - any good?

ALIEN1X

Hi,

Has anyone tested or has the 'Morduant Short Premire Plus'?

Any reviews, experiences with this system would be usefull.

Regards
Alien1x

ALIEN1X

Hi,

I understand its dated, but I have the 309i sub so what would be the best sats to go with it?

What about if I had the 902i at front L/R and the rest could be 302 sats as in the premire package?

Alien1x

lazymatt

It's an excellent system, largely because of the sub (which you already have) but also because it integrates so well. It is dated, but I believe it still holds it's own (unlike the Genies). The other benefit, as you've identified, is there's a clear upgrade path to the larger MS speakers.

If you've got the room, and money, go for the larger fronts and centre, and stick with the 302's at the rear. With the sub it'll be an excellent system.

Obviously, however, for a little more money you can get the Quad Lites (I think there's still some about) which is a big step up. But that'll mean scrapping the sub you already have.

Batdog

I used the 309i sub with he 905i centre, 2x902i fronts, 2x302 rears and was very pleased indeed (without having too much experience of other packages available at this price point).

I have since replaced the 902i's with some 906i floorstanders and will switch the 302's for the 902i's at the rear when space permits. Having the floorstanders at the front gives a really big soundstage.

What sold it to me is that they seemed like extremely good value and I like big traditional looking speakers. Being able to substitute the bigger 900's for the 300's at the front I think made a big difference (the 905i centre is huge but does give superb dialogue).

ALIEN1X

Hi,

I don't have much room so I may have to stick with the premire plus version or go as mentioned ealier with the front L/R being 902i.

But I will have to stick with the small 304 center due to room restrictions.

But will this cause the setup to be out of balance due to small centers?

I have heard the 902i and 302 in mono- but not with a sub or surround mode.

Is there a diffrence between 902i and 302 as L/R in surround setup, would it sound too muddy with the 902i?

Alien1x

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
902 at the front with 304 in the centre and the 302 at the back would work fine IMO. I'd rather have the 902 than the 302, because they have that bit more headroom. The 902 as rears would also be a good move, but it's not essential.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Given the smaller size and having seen the specs for the Alumni, I'd put money on the 302 being better.
But then, I haven't heard the Alumni.
However, I can safely say that I've never heard a decent titchy speaker.
Even Antony Gallos sound rubbish to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom