1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt-Short

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Joachim, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Joachim

Joachim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously considering buying a full set of Mordaunt-Short speakers for a 6.1/7.1 surround sound set up. However, before I do so, can anyone offer any info, advise, criticisum, complaints or praises for this manufacturer, in particular the 904's, 905c, MS BP20 bipolars and the MSW20 sub woofer??

I look forward to hearing from you all!!

Cheers Jo

2. Joachim

Joachim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really!! Someone must have an opinion on these speakers!!!

3. itspman

itspman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I bought the 902 Signituare range, the bi's and the SUB, the 902's are really sweet sounding so much so I bought another pair to replace my main HiFi speakers. SUB is powerful and deep but the previous SUB I had was a little dead so not sure how this compares to others on the market.

Havent set up the bi's yet only just got them, in progress of moving house and setting up dedicated AV room.

Hope this helps a little

Regards

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Mine as in sig.

I chose the Eltax Bi-Polars mainly because RS never had the MS ones in stock.

The sub is excellent in my room and has no problems shaking the walls and floor.

The 905's are also excellent for music in 2 channel mode or even better in 2 channel + sub :)

I've got them all in cherry and with the ally cones they look great too.

Loudest I've had them is -30 so far (music cd) -40 (dvd)

Comment from the wife after watching Moulin Rouge "that sounded superb, at one point the sound nearly chucked me off the settee"

LOL must admit it did sound damn good :)