mordaunt short tweeter not working!!

T

texxl

Hi Both the speakers and amp were bought at Richer Sounds Newcastle the speakers are the 902is and only 18 month old The tweeter has stopped working, the amp i use is a yamaha rxv640 rds which is 6 years old .

I took my speaker to RICHER SOUNDS today only to be fobbed off by the manager who said the warranty had expired and it would cost £90 for a tweeter .
After some research i phoned the manager back and said the tweeter should be cover,d my a MF warranty to which he replied only if its a MF fault but not miss use. What is miss use? i live in a semi detached house as a result i never play them loud and to be honest there hardly used can anyone help iv read a earlier thread on this forum about a guy who had the same prob but it took the intervention of the opp directer of richer sounds uk to get progress can anyone tell me how that ended thanks Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
T

texxl

Thanks dicklodge i,l take them back to store on monday and put the ball back in their court
i,l keep you posted on what happens next cheers Tony

Richer Sounds

AVForums Sponsor
Hi texxl,

I was sorry to read of your problem with your Mordaunt Short speakers.

Whilst the manufacturer warranty doesn’t cover product misuse, the sales assistant you spoke with should indeed have offered to take the speakers in for an engineers inspection.

However, so that I can ensure this situation is resolved to your satisfaction please would you private message me with your sale and contact details?

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

T

texxl

Just like to say took speakers back to local richer sounds and this time they did send them off for repair, which thankfully were carried out free of charge. Alls well that ends well as they say.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom