mordaunt short thx v`s m&k 7`s & 4`s

thekingbeyond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have the mordaunt short 500 series THX Select speaker System, over on the classifieds there are 3 m&k k7`s and 4 m&k k4`s, would moving to the mk`s be an upgrade or a sideways move?
I would also need a sub as the mordaunts have 2 built in.

I don't suppose that there is much in it quality wise but if you can stretch to a bit more there are a set of M&K S85 and K4 speakers in the classifieds here which are a cut above the K range.

He is even selling an SVS sub too and rumour has it that SVS and M&K go very well together :D

m&k 7 is no where near Mordaunt short as speaker package. M&S will play loud when required bringing you close to action where as M&K falls short in loudness department when you expect them to go loud, M&K are boxy speaker and they are bit harsher then M&S and way too over priced for what they offer in performnce So in nutshell if it was my money I would go for M&S again then going M&K again.
M&S yes yes. M&K no no. :)

You're dead set against the M&K's aren't you?! If it were my money, i'd spend it on the M&K's, no question. Do you play any louder than Reference Level? Would be interesting to hear what amplifier you heard them with, as it was probably the amps fault......

No I am not against M&K's what I said is based on my past experience because I used to own both of these packages, I don't listen above Reference level either. M&K K7 package is considered as entery level package from M&K and where as M&S 500 THX package is much serious package yet it cost lot less and I am %100 positive it out performs K7 easily since K7package is from lighter wieght catgory, it would be foolishness to expect Antonio Brera to knock out Klitchko.
M&S 500 closest rival or better performer from m&k would be M&K850 or 750 package. I am not saying K7 is bad package but come on IMHO it doesn't justify £850 without subwoofer whereas M&S 500 THX would cost about same with 2 subwoofers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom