Mordaunt Short THX Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Jav, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Jav

Jav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

First post on the forum, and would like to know if anyone out there has got or demo'ed the MS THX speakers and what you thought of them. I will be hooking them upto either Denon 3802/3 or a Pioneer 2011.

Have a budget of £1500, so any alternative suggestions are also very welcome.

Jav
    :confused:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't heard the THX kit yet, but i recently bought the decleration 914 fronts which use the same drivers and cabinets as the thx series and they sound sweet! I tried a variety of missions first which had decent clarity and mids but they wont match the mordaunt shorts especially for music. As for movies they sound pretty damm detailed and open. Ask richer sounds to setup a demo of them for you first i seem to remember them being all set up in our local branch last time i looked.

3. Jav

Jav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grrrrrrrrreg,

Cheers mate, have just come back from my local Richer Sounds and their demo room is out of action until the new year, so I might have to wait until then.

Btw, what surrounds are you using with your fronts and what amp, if you don't mind me asking!!!

Jav