Mordaunt-Short Speakers - any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by guyb, May 22, 2001.

1. guyb

guyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was thinking of buying the Mordaunt-Short 902, 904 and 905c speakers. Richer Sounds are selling them in a package for £499. Does anyone know if they are any good or if there is a better set of speakers I can buy for around the same money.

2. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,382
    Im a rather big fan of MS speakers.
    The first decent center speaker I had was the MS T1000 which to this day is still one of the best sounding centers I have heard, the only reason I got rid was the fact I managed to get a great part-ex deal ( after almost 2 years ) and was offered a good price on my CC6 to go with my 603s

I currently have a pair of the new £100 MS bipole rears and they are fantastic, sound every bit as good as the more expensive jamo rears

3. Col

Col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the same system but with the 908's. I wanted the bigger drivers on the fronts. It's my first system but I'm very happy with it. The aluminium drivers seem to be light enough to give crisp rop end while strong enough to give some hefty bass. I'll be getting a Rel Strata in a few weeks to give me the 20-40hz range. Much cheaper that the B&W S2 series I was going to get.