1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt Short Rears

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by M.Joshi, Oct 29, 2002.

1. M.Joshi

M.Joshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am thinking of purchasing either the Marantz SR-7300 or Pioneer VSX-D811S and KEF Q1's (Dark Apple Colour), for the front. As I do not have enough space for Q1's at the back, I was considering going for the Mordaunt Short 302 series satellites.

Another reason for going for the Mordaunt Short's is that the colour is similar to the KEF Q1 'Dark Apple'.

Uncle Eric has advised me not to go for the Mordaunt Short, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other small speakers that have a similar colour to the 'Dark Apple'.

2. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Care to elaborate on why not Mordaunt short? Is it just these particular speakers with your set-up or the brand in general?

(I'm considering a set of MS Declaration THX and want to find out as much as possible)

Sorry slightly off topic.

Peter

3. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you really can't make room for the Q1 rears, the next best matched speaker would be the Q8. Whilst these use the same drivers they aren't the best looking speakers and haven't got the same Frequency response. I can't offer an opinion on the MS speakers, it would would be wise to seek a demo of these against the Q8's in a similar setup.
    Do you intend using the Q9C for your centre? I am building a dark apple Q1/Q2 speaker system and need a single Q1 for centre duty, perhaps we could split a pair if you are considering the same.

4. M.Joshi

M.Joshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I considered the Q8's, but unfortunately the colour would not match the Dark Apple Q1's.