Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

mordaunt short premiere

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by CatManDo, Nov 14, 2003.

1. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    Been looking at lots of different speaker packs and keep coming back to this one.

Wanted the Kef eggs but I can't stretch to those.

My current kit:

Mordaunt Short MS25I Pearl floorstanders
    Kef ?? Speech speaker
    Mission 73 rear speakers
    Gale 50 Sub

Looking to replace the above with the MS Premiere back with use with a Sherwood 6095 amp (then eventually a Pioneer 812).

Would the premiere pack be a good upgrade for the above? Will the speakers work well with the above amps?

Do you the MS Premiers have this 4ohms impendience rating?

I am wanting to upgrade to get a full package of the same brand of speakers....also only got a smallish room and want something a little less imposing than my current Mordaunt Short MS251 floorstanders.

My main use if for home cinema / normal TV......music doesnt really come into it.

Any advice / comments much appreciated.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,664
    Keep the MS25's! Then when you have the premiere's you could (if you wanted) use the "7.1" option on the Pioneer 812 without buying any more speakers. This is the option that we often recommend with prospective premiere customers. If they find the whole business of having big front speakers pointless, they can sell them and purchase some more DVD's or alternatively upgrade to newer MS floorstanders later on.
    As to the impedance, we have an 812 coming in later this month for comparitive testing/ reference work. I'll let you know if we have any problems- I suspect that we won't.

3. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll have to keep looking back here. It will be interesting to read your view on the combined set up of the Pioneer and the MS speakers. I'm impressed with my set up but I would like a professionals? point of view to compare :)