Mordaunt-Short MS309 just died ;/

BuBBa_FaT_aSS

Standard Member
Hi all

My Mordaunt-Short has just died and I'm now considering either trying to get it repaired or buy a new one.

Problem is I'm not sure what is a good replacement for this sub, as when I first bought it I got the matching front rear and center speakers which I still have and use. The whole set is maple.

Any advise on what is a good replacement for this sub would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bubbs

wingnut121

when my MS 309i died i went looking to get it fixed, and it turned out i could get a new 309i for the price of the part!!!

so i went on down the route of buying a xls200 and i am very happy :D

all depends on your budget :smashin:

BuBBa_FaT_aSS

Standard Member
Thanks for quick reply Wingnut :smashin:

I have been looking at the XLS200, but which version do you recommend? XLS 200 MK2 or XLS200-DF MK2 the sub will be sitting on carpet.

Thanks

Bubbs

wingnut121

Thanks for quick reply Wingnut :smashin:

I have been looking at the XLS200, but which version do you recommend? XLS 200 MK2 or XLS200-DF MK2 the sub will be sitting on carpet.

Thanks

Bubbs

thats where you should start reading the reviews and threads on here. there are plenty of people who will be able to give you better opinions and help than me.

i bought the DF firing model just over a month ago and i am loving it, especially with movies :smashin:

mikewilson1

when my ms 309i died (seems a common problem!) although under warranty, was told "an uneconomical repair" so bought svs sb12+ :smashin:

TrophyJem

If you are planning on selling your faulty MS309 in the classifieds section I would be interested in purchasing it. I'm after a cheap sub for the kids games room (PS3) and would like to have a go at repairing it.
Dependant on price and distance from me of course.
Hope I'm ok with the Mods in posting this?
I'll keep an eye out in the classifieds section for if you decide to advertise it.

IronGiant

:thumbsup: That's fine TrophyJem.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom