1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt Short MS Premiere Package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mekon1, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Mekon1

Mekon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I am trying to get hold of the above package in black, but I am having real problems. Does anyone know where I can hold of it in black and not silver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Mekon1 :)

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    http://www.petertyson.co.uk/

Have the premeiere and the plus units listed in black. Do not get the normal premeire setup as the sub(308) is inferior to the sub(309) in the plus system. Well worth the extra £50 :smashin:

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    if you take the (silver) grilles off the front baffles are silver. worth noting

4. Mekon1

Mekon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for replying. I think I will get ther premiere plus system in black, is the sub that much better ??

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Yes it is. Even 'Tons of Fun' who works for Mordaunt Short will tell you the 309 is much better then the 308. :smashin:

6. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    I don't need to, you do it for me :laugh:.
    Premiere plus is a huge step forward, especially in a music sense over the basic Premiere system. The 309 was the budget sub of choice for WHF until mysteriously losing its crown to the Wharfedale without being tested against it :rolleyes:.

7. Mekon1

Mekon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for replying guys !!!! I am so fustrated !!! I am trying to get old of the premiere plus set in black and they had some on petertyson.co.uk, but when I phoned up they said they had all been sold !!!!!! I am so upset !!!

Can anyone help ???

Cheers
    Mekon1

8. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Maybe because they have all been sent out for overeas sales!!?? I am in Singapore and recently purchased the MS Prem Plus, with Marantz 7400 for a killer bargain (they are trying to clear stock for the 7500 and are doing so by "bundling") - they had the satellites and centres in black, black or black, with the only choice of the 309 sub in black, cherry or silver... guess what I chose? Concur with other posts about the 309 - forget about the 308 (which was also only available in the darker shades!). Sound really good now, but need a few days to get properly run in, and I need to spend some time to get the sub tuned - it's a bit forward on some soundtracks, and this is the party trick of the 309 - a notch filter to tune down resonant frequencies that arise from less than ideal placement. I'll let it breath for another month or so, and plumb for an spl meter to fine tune affairs.

9. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Just a footnote to the above post, I also auditioned the MS Genies, and they are a step up from the Prem Plus, without a doubt. I would have considered them, but factors such as wife (they look too weird) and price (alone they cost more than the amp + prem plus speakers, plus all cabling required together) knocked that idea on the head. The prem plus is a stopgap for when we move next year (when the movers will mysteriously arrive at the new place with a number of additional boxes containing a full size front and rear speaker set-up - make and model to be determined by a few late nights "at work" ;) )...