Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mordaunt Short MS Premiere Package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mekon1, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Mekon1

Mekon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I am very close to buying the Mordaunt Short combination package with the following:

4 Front & rear speakers - 302
    1 Centre speaker - 304
    & 1 309 subwoofer

Can anyone let me know what it is like and if anyone has it what are their opinions ?

Cheers
    Mekon1

2. sparky1

sparky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    hi Mekon1
    i've experienced the 302's and 304 and to be honest i'm not that impressed, even more so that my mrs's blew the crap out of all three of them.
    It depends what amp and how loud you like things of course ( i like it as loud as i can get away with) so if your the same then i would go for something with a bit more grunt.

only my opinion of course but there you go

Mark

3. ptgrav

ptgrav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are looking along them lines I would take a listen to the Mission M30 Cinema set. Not heard it m,yself but it's supposed to be brilliant (and cheaper)

Pete

4. Mekon1

Mekon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your replies.
    Im not detached so I cant have it too loud, so I am not looking for something that can handle too much power.

Ive havent heard the Mission M30's. I have looked on the web and the cheapest I have found them are for £379.99, what price have you seen them for and where ?

Cheers
    Mekon1

5. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I used to have the original MS Premiere system and I think it's a hell of a package, especially for the silly prices you find if you look around (try hificonfidential.com - £230). Mine had the 308 sub, which I now use but in a full size MS Avant set up, and even this knocks out a very good low end performance. So I would imagine the 309 is absolutely brilliant. I think the 302s and 304 satellites are excellent little speakers - great dynamic sound, great looks, solid build - what more can you want at this price??

The only reason I changed to a full range system is that the satellites lacked slightly in the midrange dept. but you will get this with any small speaker. Listening at very low volume levels can make dialogue quite difficult to hear. But at normal levels it gives a nice full sound.

If you do go for this package, I still have a pair of custom made speaker stands (advertised earlier in hardware classifieds). They are made by Custom Design, nice looking, perfect for the 302s. £30. If you would like more details, feel free to send me a PM. Good luck.

6. Beobloke

Beobloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Big thumbs up for the Premiere System from me too. The sats are very detailed and the 309 sub is an absolute stonker! Great bass weight but refined and musical too.
    I don't know the Mission ones you mention but have found in the past that Mission's smaller speakers only really tend to come alive when really cranked up, so they might not be for you. However - golden rule applies - let your ears make the decision!

Adam.

7. Mekon1

Mekon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for all your feedback people, nice to know what people think of it. I had a look at the speakers in Richer Sounds today and they look nice, need to get a demo.

Thanks for the offer of the stands, but Im going to mount them on the walls. Anybody else got these speakers.

Going to think about it over the next few days.

Cheers
    Mekon1 :thumbsup: