• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mordaunt Short Genie Sub

R

rack1

Help!!!! Please.......I have the Mordaunt Short Genie speak system and............

I had a power cut on Saturday. The power came back while I was out. Since the power came back on my sub has been dead. I get no lights on the sub when I turn it to on. I have changed the fuse in the plug and tried a new cable but still nothing.

Is there an internal fuse? If yes, is it easy to get too? If no, does anyone know where I can get it repaired in the UK? I can't take it back to the place I bought it from as it is second hand from EBAY.

Thanks in advance. :lease:

Rack 1

bbasra

Established Member
try to calm down first.

Where you plug the power cable into the sub, just below it is another fuse. you need to remove the fuse cover first though to get to it. check this fuse. It should be 2.5a rated fuse.

You can purchase replacement fuses from Maplins or RS Components.

If you have a 1.6a rated fuse in there, you have probaly purchased one of the genie systems from the first batch which was shipped with the wrong fuse.

Tons of Fun on this forum can also send you a fuse if you have the 1.6a rated one.

Hopes this helps.

R

rack1

Thanks BBASRA for the quick reply. I will take a look tonight. I did have a quick look yesterday and couldn't see an obvious fuse cover. Do I need to remove the actual plug socket?

THanks
Rack1

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
The fuse is in a little plastic tray in the bottom of the mains socket on the fuse plate. Pop it open with a screwdriver to find the fuse. As stated, I can send a 2.5 amp out on the receipt of an address.

R

rack1

Thanks very much Tons of Fun...your a star!

I will PM you my address.

If is turns out not to be the fuse, any ideas where i can get it repaired?

THanks

bbasra

Established Member
Tons of Fun is the best person to ask as he is part of the Mordaunt Short Technical Support.

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
Chances are the fuse should cure it but if it doesn't you just get it swapped.

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
Provided you have the receipt. It can't be more than a few months old.

R

rack1

Looks like it was the internal fuse. It is rated at 1.6A and is well blown!

THanks again for your help guys!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom