1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt Short Genie 409W Subwoofer Auto Power

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by bbasra, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi.

I cannot get the auto feature on the 409W digital subwoofer to work.

When i set the 'Auto Feature' to the 'On' position (Down Position), the subwoofer will always stay on (the blue led on the sub is lit) even if the Denon Reciever is swithed off. Even if the Denon Reciever has been swtiched off over night, the blue led is still lit.

When i set the 'Auto Feature' to the 'Off' position (UP Position), the subwoofer will turn off after a while or so, (the blue led on the sub is off), however, when i power on the Denon Reciever the sub will not power on untill i switch the 'Auto Feature' back to the 'On' position (Down Position).

Please Help. I don't like leaving things on for no reason when it is not being used.

Thanks In Advance.

2. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this sounds obvious but my ms308 has three positions. To use the auto mode I set in in the middle.

I dont know whether yours is the same.

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    Auto- On/Off generally works best with both inputs connected at the same time but I think I've just spoken to you about this so you already know that I advocate leaving it on all the time ;).