1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt Short centre speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rozzar, Sep 29, 2002.

1. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Has anyone got, or owned, or own any 1 of the following
    905C
    T1000

What do you think about the bass response of it. How does it handle male voices.

Currently have Mission 77c1 which is basically a pile of poo poo and need a decent MS centre to match Performance 860 speakers, if anyone remembers those...

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have a Mordaunt Short Decoder One, T1000 and CS1 s, I was always very pleased with my T1000. At the time, 1994 - ish I think?
    The T1000 bass was good for it's size, and voices were clear and articulate, but treble could veer towards hardness sometimes.
    Sorry to sound a bit " What Hi-Fi ".
    I also have a Mission 77c1 which I thought was clear and detailed but nothing like as deep and punchy as the T1000 and couldn't handle loud bits anything like as good.
    If it's a hot price a T1000 should please you, but I'm not sure it would integrate so well with your 860 s.
    I've ended up with three pairs of the same speakers, had them a good while now and am perfectly content.

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thats very interesting your comment about the bass and the harshness. Exactly the opposite of what homeentertainment.co.uk said!
    To tell you the truth, I had completely forgotten that the T1000 didn't have a metal dome tweeter although it shares the same ResinRock front baffle material with my 860s and the woofer cones look to be of the same material.
    Glad to see someone agrees with me re: the Mission 77c1. Is it me, or have Missions of late (i.e. post 75 series) gone very downhill...?