1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mordaunt short avant system - amazing deal here

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mystic_bertie, Aug 22, 2005.

1. mystic_bertie

mystic_bertie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    CLICKY

i have been searching posts in the speaker section researching what speakers to go for, looking for a 5.1 set up, i came across a link someone posted (see clicky above) which said look here MS avant premier for £480.

So i click the link and get there and the price is now £299 inc vat & postage, speaker cable and subwoofer interconnect.

now forgive me if im missing something here but going by other prices i have seen is this a blooming marvellous deal?

im tempted to buy it as these speakers seem quite highly regarded, if you price the speakers seperately from richersounds its £490 exc delivery.

so i am getting a bit excited here cause i think ive found a really good deal, shall i go for these speakers and are they good at this price?

i wonder if i paid the bit extra £90 would they upgrade the subwoofer to the avant 309 (from the 308 supplied),

2. mystic_bertie

mystic_bertie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    here is a link to a german site selling the same kit with the 308 sub, excluding any delivery or import costs it is £372
    CLICKY 1

here is a link to a german site selling the same kit with the 309 sub, excluding any delivery or import costs it is £475
    CLICKY 2

3. mystic_bertie

mystic_bertie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    just called peter tysons and i cant upgrade the subwoofer for the price difference in the subs ie £90, its only £299 with the 308 subwoofer.

if i wanted it with the 309 sub its £480 as thats the speakers priced individually.

4. philjames

philjames
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. mystic_bertie

mystic_bertie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    wow even better prices this is great :clap: thankyou very much for that link saving even more :smashin:

i have ordered my yamaha rxv657 amp so will the 'plus' package be a good match then as i have read it is worth it for the better sub.

think i will buy the plus package as i dont want a boomy sub and the 309 gets good reviews.

would it be a good idea to call my local richersounds in glasgow and ask if they will price beat it by £10 then that way i get them on 14 day home trial. They dont advertise the package but would they price beat it using the individual speakers to make up the package.

should i ask for lots of speaker cable thrown in and a cable for my subwoofer?