1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt short Avant premier plus question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Truecelt, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Truecelt

Truecelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased this system today and now have it setup. although i have a lot of tweaking to do it does sound good, particularly the 309 sub. My question though is this. The literature which came with the kit, and the M S website all refer to a supplied setup cd that is supplied with the speakers. This is also refered to in loads of magazines which I researched before purchasing. My brand new boxed set did not have the disc and the dealer said that this kit (premier plus) did not come with a cd setup disc even though it is widely advertised as diong so. I was looking forward to using this with the notch control on the 309 sub as I do suffer from boom and liked the sound of this cancelling device. Has anyone else come across this? I have also emailed the question to M S . Also, anyone suggest what the best settings for the 309 sub would be in an average sized room?
    Many thanks

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,336
    I'll be looking at your email in a bit but I will need you to send me an address to send the disc to. There are settings that can be given out of the box for a random room as they are all different. The only point that can be reasonably agreed upon is that your crossover between sats and sub should be about 100hz.

3. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    When I purchased my Prem Plus, the dealer (in Singapore) said that MS only supplied a few CDs, compared to many speaker packages. The solution for them was to copy the CD for any one who asked, I just needed to bring a blank CD to the shop and they did it right there in front of me. I asked about this on the phone before purchase, so was ready to do it in one hit, so no return journey to get the CD.