Mordaunt Short 506 or 904 for back speakers?

N

nUMb

I have an Yamaha DSP - AX2 amplifier with

center MS905
subwoofer MS909
LRF MS906

and for the back speakers??? what shell be the best solution, the 506 or 904??

Thanks in advance!

It depends on what you use your system for. If it's purely films, I would go with the bipolar 903s or the bigger ones (cant remember model no).

If you listen to multichannel music, go with either of the ones you mentioned.

Pretty differnet options. Dipole (903 or 506) are better for movies (effects etc), whilst 902's (and therefore probably 904's) are better with music as rears. I have 906/ 905 at the front and 902's at rear and it sounds great with movies and music. Just waiting for my 903's to arrive to replace the 902's.

mhuk05 said:
Pretty differnet options. Dipole (903 or 506) are better for movies (effects etc), whilst 902's (and therefore probably 904's) are better with music as rears. I have 906/ 905 at the front and 902's at rear and it sounds great with movies and music. Just waiting for my 903's to arrive to replace the 902's.
Still :confused: Have they taken your money?

I have the 506's, they rock :) I'd suggest them, very dynamic, but you'll need some decent stands for them. They are very heavy and a lot larger than they appear to be in the pictures.

@gfs: yes, the f***kers! Paypal investigated "we find in your favour but blah blah blah".
I call them now methinks. Missed out on the 506's on Ebay- forgot the end date..:(

Kazman- how far out do the 506's stick?

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I will use this system equaly for music and films :) My supplier told me that the 506 perform equaly or better than 904....

Shall i trust him?

Any suggestions on which speakers shall i use for FLR effect speakers?

Thanks a lot!

The 506 will give a tiny bit for music but poo's all over the 904 for film work (Which at over twice the list price it should).

I'll try and take some pics over the weekend so you can see for yourself :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom