1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt Short 500 THX Package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mutley, Feb 2, 2003.

1. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone have this speakers?

Do they need a sub or not?

I'm looking at this system if a sub is not need (think the fronts have i already!)

It will be this system or the B&W (603, 601, LCR600) + rel Q150.

But the mordaunt short center may fit the top of the Sony 44px2...

And the rears don' t need stands... think the two system are at the same price!

Anyone?

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I believe the sub is the most important speaker in movies and that's where the funds should go, I'd get a better sub and spend a bit less on the speakers. You don't NEED THX speakers for movies, that's why Paradigm reference speakers (non-THX) won the best movie package in the USA and they beat M&K who are the THX kings. Just my opinion of course............

Phil

3. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The MS THX package is nice, but needs a lot of patience to get the subs in the front speakers to work. The rears in this set do need to be wall mounted or else they don't work at all (you could stick them on the mother of all speaker stands but it's a little excessive)

The B&W package is also very good. If anything downgrade the rears to 600s and look at other subwoofers than the Q150.

Have to agree with Phil though, subwoofers are very important, and Paradigm Ref really are rather good :smoke: , if a little on the difficult side to acquire.;)