Mordaunt 309 subwoofer help

richhaywood

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, bit of a newby here,

Could anyone tell me if the 309 subwoofer came in cherry ? I'm looking for a cherry coloured sub to match the rest of the system. I was going to purchase a 907 but was advised not to. Anybody share some info why the 309 is bettter ?

Thanks !

:thumbsup:

The 309 did come in cherry but no longer- I suspect you would need to look 2nd hand for one now.

Among other things, it has a better driver and amp, denser cabinet and a notch filter over the older 907.

Thanks for the reply, i've just managed to purchase an ex demo, from:
http://www.audiovisiononline.co.uk/ , really helpful and can fully recommend.
Is there a particular was to set the sub up, i heard there is a CD ? but being a second hand sub i'm not sure if i'll get it.

I know the setup depends on your room type and system, but if anyone would like to share the settings and setup i would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

richhaywood said:
Hi everyone, bit of a newby here,

Could anyone tell me if the 309 subwoofer came in cherry ? I'm looking for a cherry coloured sub to match the rest of the system. I was going to purchase a 907 but was advised not to. Anybody share some info why the 309 is bettter ?

Thanks !

:thumbsup:

Rich, I'm in the progress of buying an MS Premiere Plus system and in my dealings I believe that the 309i comes in calvados which was desribed to me (by Matthew Tyson) as a cherry finish. I may be late but this may help if you've not made your mind up yet.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom