1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mordaunt 309 subwoofer help

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by richhaywood, Apr 19, 2005.

1. richhaywood

richhaywood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone, bit of a newby here,

Could anyone tell me if the 309 subwoofer came in cherry ? I'm looking for a cherry coloured sub to match the rest of the system. I was going to purchase a 907 but was advised not to. Anybody share some info why the 309 is bettter ?

Thanks !

:thumbsup:

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,150
    The 309 did come in cherry but no longer- I suspect you would need to look 2nd hand for one now.

Among other things, it has a better driver and amp, denser cabinet and a notch filter over the older 907.

3. richhaywood

richhaywood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply, i've just managed to purchase an ex demo, from:
    http://www.audiovisiononline.co.uk/ , really helpful and can fully recommend.
    Is there a particular was to set the sub up, i heard there is a CD ? but being a second hand sub i'm not sure if i'll get it.

I know the setup depends on your room type and system, but if anyone would like to share the settings and setup i would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

4. beaureef

beaureef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rich, I'm in the progress of buying an MS Premiere Plus system and in my dealings I believe that the 309i comes in calvados which was desribed to me (by Matthew Tyson) as a cherry finish. I may be late but this may help if you've not made your mind up yet.

Cheers