Moral Dilemma

T

Trickster

Recently ordered a DVD from a well known online retailer and decided to cancel it. Sent them an email asking to cancel, but my order was still awaiting despatch.

So I phoned them and cancelled it. It's status immediately went to 'Cancelled'.

Next day, I got an email saying it has been despatched. Two days later it arrives :confused:

Checked my bank account and I have definately been refunded.

Tempted to lay low and see if the said company chase it up.

Thoughts anyone?

Email them and ask them to arrange collection of the goods.

If they don't collect them with 6 weeks (I think) then they are yours to keep :)

That way you know you've done the thing. If you're lucky they won't bother collecting them and you can keep the film with a clear concience (sp?).

I wouldn't really call that a moral dilemma mate. Just keep it. A mate of mine recently ordered a £2,000 TV and they delivered him 2. He just kept them both and I'm pretty sure he didn't lose any sleep over it! :)

It's not a moral dilemma. Tell them what happened.

I had a similar instance where i thought a dvd was lost in the post as i had not received the item after about three weeks of despatch, despite receiving other items from the online retailer in that period, so i emailed them. That same day the dvd arrived so i emailed them again to tell them not to resend the item but they had already sent me another one out.

I did email them again to explain the situation and asked them to charge me for it as my brother would have the duplicate but was never charged.

The way I always think about it is what would the Retailer do if they had your money without you noticing?

You Guy's (Bursar excepted) have no moral standards! If everyone followed the lowest common denominator we would be in a right mess.

You didn't buy it, they made a mistake, tell them!

They may thank you for your honesty and let you keep it with a clear concience!

Originally posted by Monster
You Guy's (Bursar excepted) have no moral standards! If everyone followed the lowest common denominator we would be in a right mess.

You didn't buy it, they made a mistake, tell them!

Loser :p :D

Originally posted by Monster

:rotfl: :clap: :rotfl: :clap: :rotfl: :hiya:

Well, I'm thinking of keeping it. In life sometimes we are winners, sometimes losers. I can think of many times I have had bad luck. Like when a taxi driver stole my wallet with almost £200 in it. Couldn't prove it though.

Things even themselves out in the long run, so I'm gonna keep it.

After all, my mistakes always cost me. So their mistake should cost them.

Then there is no moral dilemma. Just a dilemma....with no morals:nono:

Actually, it's just like buying something with a £5 note and getting change from a £10

I think most people have had that in their lifetimes and thought 'Bonus'!

Originally posted by Trickster
Actually, it's just like buying something with a £5 note and getting change from a £10

I think most people have had that in their lifetimes and thought 'Bonus'!

Not me!:lesson:

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Like when a taxi driver stole my wallet with almost £200 in it

the clue is in the word "stole"

2 wrongs.....etc etc

.......but you know that

Nice to see honesty abounds these days. May you all lose your wallets and have the people who find them think "bonus!" :p

Blimey. I agree it is nice to see some honest upstanding members of society. But if I cancel an order and it comes to me anyway, I haven't stolen anything. Somebody gave me something by mistake.

Not my fault.

At first I thought keep it. Now I still think keep it, but I will go to church and pray for your soul:D :devil: :D

Or maybe not:D

I am such a wicked and evil man. How could I commit such a heinous crime?

I placed an order with EzyDVD and when it arrived, there were 2 packages both addressed to me. One was my order, the other was a Paul Macca Live Concert DVD. In the package was an invoice addressed to the intended recipient.

I contacted EzyDVD and let them know about the error and suggested I would re-lable the package and send it on to the correct person. I did this and they sent me a cheque to cover the postage.

Perhaps this may happen to some of you one day and the person incorrectly receiving the DVD will keep it and think 'Bonus!' I am happy to know I helped someone out and get their disc with the minimum delay and avoided unnecessary cost to the supplier.

Shame there is no smilie with a face and a halo above cos that's me that is!

Originally posted by Trickster
Blimey. I agree it is nice to see some honest upstanding members of society. But if I cancel an order and it comes to me anyway, I haven't stolen anything. Somebody gave me something by mistake.

Not my fault.

Then where's this dilemma that's warranted 2 threads over the last few days?

As I see it you've made your mind up and justified keeping the disk. Just get on with it!

What goes around comes around!

You may be quids in ATM but you'll lose out in the future!

Honesty is the best policy! They might tell you to keep it anyway!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom