Moon Knight (Disney+) Season 1 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

I’ve chatted to Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead several times on another site. Great guys who legitimately love their craft. I have gone right off Disney/Marvel since endgame but will give this a go if only to support them. I believe they’ve been given season 2 of Loki now as well.

Thanks Tom, great review. I can see where you’re coming from with it but I differ in the overall view.

I thought the whole thing was pretty gripping, including the scenes with Steven. Great pace, without taking an age to get to where we, the audience, want things to happen. I particularly enjoyed OA’s acting - his increasing bewilderment at what the heck is going on in his (Steven’s) life.

Gave me loads of reasons to come back for more. As a first episode, I reckon it’s probably the best from any of the Marvel TV shows. My view is that this is far stronger than a 6 - I’d give the first episode an 8/10.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom, great review. I can see where you’re coming from with your review but I differ in the overall view.

I thought the whole thing was pretty gripping, including the scenes with Steven. Great pace, without taking an age to get to where we, the audience, want things to happen. I particularly enjoyed OA’s acting - his increasing bewilderment at what the heck is going on in his (Steven’s) life.

Gave me loads of reasons to come back for more. As a first episode, I reckon it’s probably the best from any of the Marvel TV shows. My view is that this is far stronger than a 6 - I’d give the first episode an 8/10.
Absolutely my thoughts too 👍 Roll on next Wednesday!

I don't want a law passed against this stuff but, "You've got to do better. Senator, you've got to step up."

Will give it a watch need to finish Hawkeye first and Book of Boba Fett,I’m looking forward to Oscar Isaac as Solid Snake

Cheers Tom. I expected a bit more than a 6, but sounds fair reading your review.

Personally I'm not on board with this one at all, but will catch it once it's all aired though for MCU continuity purposes.

I know Moon Knight a little from the comics so some of that backstory helped with this episode. But if Moon Knight is new to you I can imagine this episode being a little baffling. I enjoyed the episode and quite nice seeing bits of London I know quite well. So for me a solid intro and will watch the rest of series - so 8/10 for me

Expect some big reveals from episode 4 onwards.
😉

I know Moon Knight a little from the comics so some of that backstory helped with this episode. But if Moon Knight is new to you I can imagine this episode being a little baffling. I enjoyed the episode and quite nice seeing bits of London I know quite well. So for me a solid intro and will watch the rest of series - so 8/10 for me
Never heard of Moon Knight prior to Marvel saying they were making it. I still thought it was on the right side of baffling!

I'm actually a bit of a Moon Knight fan. Even through his slightly crappy phases.
It's really good that all the publicity for this is suggesting some inspiration from the Ellis/Shalvey run. Just waiting for that to pan out.

Not too bad; apart from it felt edited to death at times, for a kids party or such.
That colloquial accent didn't bother me or that they didn't use an English actor. Oscar Isaac is a class actor and enough of a draw to drag me back.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and will continue to watch, although my other half thought not so much of it and would score it less than Tom's 6,but she is going to watch next Wednesday's episode.

Surprisingly enjoyable. Some shockingly poor CG, but it was a well paced first episode and definitely shows promise.

Haven't read Moon Knight for about forty years and was quite looking forward to this.
Probably coloured by that it's a 7/10 for me, and a thanks to Tom, I liked the review:)

Ps I still love to read comics, but buy them in collected graphic novel form now. This has nothing to do with anything, except the wine I've drunk:)

Just watched it. I enjoyed it! Different

I actually thought this was a move, I am watching Loki with my boys so will give this one a go once we have finished

I loved it personally. Yes some of the accents were a bit off but still I really enjoyed. Bit fed up with hulk, spiderman, thor etc.

Will see how the series pans out

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom