Moon Knight (Disney+) Season 1 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

I’d like to say episode 5 made sense and cleared things up…………

Sometimes I thought it did………

But overall……..

Still tricky to follow :rotfl:

Still excellent IMO. Quite unique for a Marvel show in what they've done so far and probably my favourite tying with Wandavision. A lot of that is down to Isaac who is absolutely fantastic in this. But I'm also really liking Hawke's double turn too. Hugely enjoyable.

Also, I know they've said this is a one-series-only thing, it's really not playing out that way to me. We'll see how next week's goes though as I'm still expecting a (post-credit speculation) god butcher to show up.

Just watched Episode 4 and still none the wiser !!! I will keep going with it as i have nothing else to really watch

What is it that people aren’t understanding? It all seems fairly straightforward to me.

What is it that people aren’t understanding? It all seems fairly straightforward to me.
I was being a bit tongue in cheek.

Each episode does eek out a bit of an explanation of the elements going on. Same as Wandavision did IMHO. Episode 5 is out there but there is a lot of explanation going on that’s for sure.

I’m really enjoying it. There hasn’t been a dud episode for me. 8/10 overall so far.

I wasn't at all on the Olsen/Hahn Emmy hype train, especially with the competition that year; but I must say Isaac is crushing it.
As usual with Disney+, leaving the penultimate episode thinking "how the hell are they going to wrap this up?"

Episode 5 just watched.

Absolutely terrific. Superb acting by OI.

I was blown away by episode 5. Great writing, great acting. Makes Picard look like a yawn-fest.

Finale was good but felt very slightly rushed. Could have done with an extra 15 mins. Make sure you stay until credits end.

I've watched episode 6 now and have to say i thought the whole series was distinctly average at best and not sure i'll be tuning in for season 2

I've watched episode 6 now and have to say i thought the whole series was distinctly average at best and not sure i'll be tuning in for season 2
Having slept on it, I agree overall it was average. Feels like the show ended up right where it started, with some resolution still missing. Final episode definitely felt rushed, but coming out of the horrendous Hawkeye, Moon Knight was still OK.
That said, I have now no faith at all in Daredevil moving forward. The Netflix show was brilliant but as a MCU project, there are too many places they won't want to go to, to its detriment.

Having slept on it, I agree overall it was average. Feels like the show ended up right where it started, with some resolution still missing. Final episode definitely felt rushed, but coming out of the horrendous Hawkeye, Moon Knight was still OK.
That said, I have now no faith at all in Daredevil moving forward. The Netflix show was brilliant but as a MCU project, there are too many places they won't want to go to, to its detriment.
Pretty much sums it up for me. I've not watched Hawkeye yet so if it is worse than Moonknight i am not holding out much hope at all.

I did enjoy Daredevil on Netflix and also the Punisher

From a decent start it just did not click at all for me, really got bored at points.

I really liked this, looking forward to where ever moon knight reappears, be it in S2 or in a film as part of the avengers.

I would think Moon Knight would need a season 2 before he joins a team. He needs to get some control over the 3 distinct personas (4 if you include Khonshu) at least enough that he could function as a superhero. I'm not sure whether Oscar Issac would commit to being just part of a movie as the characters he plays would be minimized.

Going to have to rewatch some of the last episode, feel asleep watching it, partly because I was tired and some because a little bored, its not been bad, but not great either. It started well enough, but slowly fizzled out for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom