Moody Blues SACD Days of Future Passed

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got this?

I have. Just listening to it now. On the one hand fantastic to hear it in 5.1... but wait, it's not 5.1... it's 4.1. No centre channel. Not heard a peep yet anyway. Sub channel is very low too.

Seen similar murmurings via a google search, as well as the usualy "hatchet job" comments which all SACDs seem to get. No centre channel though. Seems very strange.

Can only think that, 'caus it's taken from the quad masters, they've pretty much left it at 4 channel. Seems a missed opportunity.

And slightly more worrying is that there's at least one section I've heard where a whole keyboard line is missing. I'll pick it out when I get to it again.

On the plus side the presentation is great, lots of extras, and it can be found for under a tenner.

'Evening (Time to get away)' 7.25 to 7.41 - keyboard melody line completely absent.

it does say 5.1 on the packaging tho

how is the surround mix??

Recently came across a DTS mix of On A Threshold of A Dream and DVD-A/V of In Search of The Lost Chord

Will try and give them a listen to over the weekend

FeisalK said:
it does say 5.1 on the packaging tho

how is the surround mix??

Apols for delayed reply. The surround mix is actually very good. The more I listen the more I like this version, but the centre channel is definitely absent.

I believe some of the others are not even 4.0, being 2.0 instead.

PJTX thanks!! .. that puts it on my shopping list. I'm on a bookshelf system and the receiver doesn't reprocess the analog inputs so I can't listen to a 2.0 SACD

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom