Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

mood lighting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Hairy Herman, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Hairy Herman

Hairy Herman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, this has probably been asked before but i couldnt find it on a quick search, not exactly sure what im looking for.

i want strip mood lighting, like the things seen in the "get your plasmas out for the lads" thread etc, and also seen on the philips plasma ad. The kind of neon undercar lighting, but running on mains voltage and not too long, any suggestions? tried ebay and am bidding on a 3 foot strip thing but not sure how good it will be and want more of them, one for each speaker and my av stand.

a choice of 1', 2' and 3' lengths would be nice!

TIA

Chris

2. dirge

dirge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    they are popular in computer systems too mate, try www.overclockers.co.uk and check on there. Plenty colours

3. Hairy Herman

Hairy Herman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah ive looked into it they run at 12v, so ive bought a dolls house transformer, and some pc case lights, should arrive friday, will post my findings here for anyone who'd interested.

4. Hairy Herman

Hairy Herman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it worked if anyones interested, i have 2 neon lights glowing behind my left speaker, waiting for the other transformer :thumbsup:

5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lets have a look then?

6. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    this is hairy hermans son, the neons were for me and if you look in my sig you can see them set up on one of the speakers, now have them behind the right speaker and behind the TV! They are also dimmable, from 12v-9v-7.5v-6v-5v-3v-0v. The bulbs work fully from 12 through to 6V, so i have a lot of control over them.

7. Joefireline

Joefireline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Hairy Herman,
    I am wanting to buy some neon lights for my room, under my desk, behind my football table and on shelves. Where did you get the dolls house transformer from to use the PC case lights? Do they look good? How easy are they to fit in places?
    Thanks,
    Joe.

8. Lpfsox

Lpfsox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would recommend the LED kits from Noodleman - have 3 strips around my LCD tv and one each behind my front speakers. They fade in and out between colours or you can set a single colour to remain on and they look fantastic.

Link here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288857

9. Joefireline

Joefireline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I have had a look at them. I am going to be buying a set of 4 12" neon tubes from him. Then if they are really good, I will be buying more.

10. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787