Mood Lighting

garylythgoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can i get some blue style mood lighting units, either wall mount or to behind the Audio/TV setup, etc?

Im sorry for such a newbie question :blush:

I dont want anything 'too' fancy, or 'too' hard to install :cool:

garylythgoe said:
Where can i get some blue style mood lighting units, either wall mount or to behind the Audio/TV setup, etc?

Im sorry for such a newbie question :blush:

I dont want anything 'too' fancy, or 'too' hard to install :cool:

B&Q Warehouse (big one) do loads of different spots which are cheapish, mine came from Homebase (Pikkies on my thread).

I decided to change only the top bulb colour to blue so I still had the advantage of white light shining down.

I used "rope lights"

One attached around the back of my equipment rack and one recessed into the picture rail at back of room

Looks real good and proffesional and cost under a tenner

I got a small unit from Ikea...couple of coloured bulbs in ( I used a some soft light red bulbs but you could always get blue ones) it and it simply screwed to the back of my AV unit. Best thing was that it only cost £3 :thumbsup:

100_3445.jpg

It's difficult to tell from that picture but the lights look really good when the screen is down (it's an eight foot DRH screen to give some idea of how much light is given out)

That looks awesome, got any pics in the daylight/half light so i can see exactly what was done?

Thanks!

Gary

These are the only pics I have with the other lights on....as I say, I have replaced the clear bulbs with some tinted ones now.

100_3441.jpg

100_3460.jpg

nice mate - might swap my rope light for a red one

mine looks like this

I like your use of Laserdiscs Duncan ;)

I really like the idea...I have a couple of LD's that no longer get touched that could end up getting the same treatment :)

frames about £4 from Ikea

fit idealy and have lovely black surround

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom