Monty Python's Flying Circus Season 2 Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, Cas. Yep, as you said, a very fitting and (sadly) timely Memorial to Terry Jones. Will catch this when I get caught up with all the other Movies & Series.

Terry Jones was one of the good guys. Such a talent, and he seemed like a really nice guy too.

And Cas, it's series 2, not "season". It's not American and it even says series on the box.

Just had an email from Amazon to say that the season 2 Bluray is no longer available, and they have cancelled my order.

I have DVD's Monty Python and the Holy Grail Extraordinary Deluxe Edition, 2 discs, and The Meaning of Life 2 disc special Edition for sale for £5 each including 2nd class postage. .

Never got it.
Maybe should revisit and see if my middling years help me find the humour therein

In my opinion Python had some very funny and original sketches but there was also a fair amount of garbage which I doubt anyone could find funny! I doubt you‘ll suddenly find it all funny if you didn’t before :)

Never got it.
Maybe should revisit and see if my middling years help me find the humour therein
In my opinion Python had some very funny and original sketches but there was also a fair amount of garbage which I doubt anyone could find funny! I doubt you‘ll suddenly find it all funny if you didn’t before :)
I think it depends how old you were when you saw it, & what else you found funny. I was it seems the perfect age & mindset to find it funny, & my friends & I would quote big chunks constantly. But I rewatch some now & some is great, other parts just plain strange :)

I was 9 in 1970 so wouldn't have seen this series the first time around but I know I used to watch it while still at school. I remember a lot of people preferring The Goodies to Monty Python - this was a big topic of conversation in the playground :D

I do think that it became more 'trendy' to be a fan of Python though and so people would rave about it even when it was poor.

I was 9 in 1970 so wouldn't have seen this series the first time around but I know I used to watch it while still at school. I remember a lot of people preferring The Goodies to Monty Python - this was a big topic of conversation in the playground :D

I do think that it became more 'trendy' to be a fan of Python though and so people would rave about it even when it was poor.
🎵Goodies! Goody Goody Yum Yum!🎵
:D

I loved Monty Python better than The Goodies not because it was trendy (not saying it was more trendy) I remeber rolling round with laughter at Ministry of Silly Walks and a filming of of a film about penguins and wearing cardboard boxes on feet and my mother chatting to someone at the door and explaining the laughter coming from the lounge. But I do remeber going to their first film and being bored, and yet The Goodies programs are far better on repeat viewing.

The price of the DIGIPAK (aka DELUXE) edition blu-ray has dropped to £20.99 on Amazon:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom