Monty Python's Flying Circus Season 1 Blu-ray Review & Comments

Evinger

Thanks for the review Cas. Timeless Craziness! I'm just imagining what Binge-watching this would do to my head! :eek:

Coulson

For things where the source picture and/or sound isn't that great I normally lean towards iTunes. However in this case I think this is worth having on disc, just to make sure it can't be lost, taken away or require an Internet connection.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I wonder if they're testing the water for a box set? That'd be of more interest to me.
Quite tempted by this though :p

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I wonder if they're testing the water for a box set? That'd be of more interest to me.
Quite tempted by this though :p
There is mate, a "Norwegian" UK Blu-ray Edition available from next week I believe. The individual seasons are staggered one a month.

Indiana Jones

There is mate, a "Norwegian" UK Blu-ray Edition available from next week I believe. The individual seasons are staggered one a month.
The boxset is available now...

Was only £90 when it first went up for pre-order at Network but still the £100 Network want beats Amazon by quite some way.

One of those involved with the restoration has been quite active on another forum answering questions and apparently a lot of the footage is actually 35mm but varies in quality however episode 10 is of very high quality.

Last edited:

wolfie138

big Python fan, but I have to sat I got season 4 from Poundland and didn't even make it through disc 1, was horribly unfunny.

Evinger

big Python fan, but I have to sat I got season 4 from Poundland and didn't even make it through disc 1, was horribly unfunny.
I don't think it would ever catch me as unfunny, but an episode can feel slow nowadays.
I much prefer the pace of the Movies.
And, though very not strictly MPFC, Fawlty Towers is to me the pinnacle. :)

Slinkywizard

I bought this the other day, got home, put in the disc and there was nothing on it. The disc was literally a black screen. Nothing. So I went back to HMV where I bought it and said to the chap there 'I wish to complain about this blu-ray what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique'.
  • He said: Oh yes, the, uh, the Monty Python Season 1 blu-ray...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
  • I said: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. It's blank! That's what's wrong with it!
  • He said: No, no, it's uh... just warming up.
  • I said: Look, matey, I know a blank disc when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
  • He said: No no it's not blank, it's, it's revving'! Remarkable disc, the Monty Python Season 1 blu-ray, idn'it, ay? Beautiful slipcase!

And so on...