Monthly Download Usage

Discussion in 'Sky Broadband' started by Mike191272, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Mike191272

Mike191272
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

I have recently joined Sky Broadband. I started on the Base Package as Sky told me that I would only get 512kbps download speed so therefore I couldn't justify the more expensive packages.

I installed the router and found that I was getting the maximum 2Mbps download speed available on the Base Package. So I upgraded to the Mid Package and am now getting download speeds of 4Mbps. So the moral here is don't believe the speed that Sky tells you!

With the Mid Package, there is a download limit of 40Gb - I have downloaded some stuff now but I have no idea of the total amount - is there any way to monitor how far I am into my 40Gb limit?

Thanks

Mike

2. Rygar

Rygar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    There isn't but what you can do is download & install netmeter so you can keep an eye on it in the future. If you have more than one computer using the connection you need to install it in them all & add up the totals.

http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

It's also worth mentioning Sky seem quite relaxed on that 40 GB limit so probably no need to worry unless you have really been thrashing it!