Monsters inc region 4 (Will play on Region 2 Dvd players)

G

Gazza

I thought I would share my experiences with the forum regarding the purchase of Monsters Inc. from CDwow. I ordered a region 2 disc but to my surprise on the back of the DVD box cover it shows region number 4.

CDwow has just informed me that Normally a Region 4 DVD will not play on a Region 2 player however in this
case, although the specification reads that it is Region 4, it is in fact totally Region 2 (UK) compatible. It is from a new range of titles which are "dual encoded" to allow a much broader range of customers to watch the more popular titles.

Hope this info helps other forum users.

P.S. Excellent service from CDwow

;)

I got the R4 from CD-Wow as well. I did complain to them that they were explicitly advertising it as R2. I considered it to be a little dishonest, but as it plays on my R2 only PC I'll live with it. Our main player is multi-region anyway, but I might want to lend it to friends, if my daughter will let me. She's getting it for Xmas so I haven't been able to watch it all yet.

--
Steve

steve they don't really advertise it as R2 only. in the description it says australian pressing.

I've only just seen that in the small print, but it does say Region: 2 (UK & Europe/Japan), which seems unambiguous to me.

Whatever, as long as it plays where I need it :)

--
Steve

Many, many R4 discs are dual-coded for R2 as well. It's more unusual to find one that's only R4.

Adam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom