1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

monsters inc r2 dts or not??!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by arnoldma, Sep 26, 2004.

1. arnoldma

arnoldma
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i read on totaldvd, and also dvdcompare.net that the region 2 version of monsters inc is meant o have dts sound track? but from all the shop i go, play.com cd-wow.com amazon.co.uk the collector's edition only has dobly digital sound track... atleast thats what those shop says!

does any1 know whats going on?

also i wanna get antz on dvd, but dont know which version to get, any advise / links? thanks in advanced, bye.

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    Monsters Inc R2 DOES have a DTS soundtrack.

It doesn't say so on the packaging, but it does say so on the top of the disc.
    It sounds pretty good IMO.

The only problem with this is that it is known to be troublesome on some players (including my Denon DVD-A1... it won't load :mad: ).
    I solved the problem by backing up the disc on a single DVD-R (the main feature can be copied without any compression) using DVD Shrink.

My backup disc plays perfectly, but the original does not :confused:

3. arnoldma

arnoldma
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks a lot for the info. that does seems a bit odd i have to say... but i think i will get this anyway, it prob wont play play on my sony dav-s880 (dont know y my dav is very very picky), if not ive got a cambridge audio dv55 player hooked up aswell for multi-egion dvds, that plays anything :D