Monsters Inc on E50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by willncc, Jan 1, 2004.

1. willncc

willncc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Curious to know if anyone has had the same problem as me: Canadian R1 monsters Inc on an E50 recorder, chapter 30 (about 1'24'' in) there seems to ba a layer change (strange, as it is right at the end of the film - but this seemed to be there on my previous player). My E50 can't get past it - it goes into a loop for that 1 second, and I need to fast forward to move on.

have I got a dodgy disc, or has anyone else had a problem with this disc (or layer changes on different movies on the E50)??

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    There were some R1 Mosnters Inc discs which were a bad batch or something... I had one and my Pioneer 656a suffered major glitching also. I got mine exchanged through Play247 who I'd bought from, and the new one was a lot better. It's still a bit of a rough layer change, but isn't a show stopper.

Have to say I've found odd layer changes on other DVD's recently: i.e. Sex & The City R2, last epsiode seaons 2, VERY obvious layer change at a point where you'd have thought a TV series disc could be mastered so that there was no need for a layer change during episodes...

Also, have to say that the R1 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade layer change is very bad (during the bit when Indy & his dad have escaped from the castle and are stopped at the crossroads talking).

It seems that the authoring houses have forgotten how to minimise the disruption layer changes cause..

3. willncc

willncc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that Cerebros,

I've had it a while, but I'll give CD-WOW a try to exchange it......