Monsters Inc Dvd - £2.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that guys, I know a number of people bought these in huge numbers as RS have no limits.

Greedy :censored:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately the Monsters Inc. DVD you have ordered has now sold
out. We had 2000 of these in stock but were overwhelmed by the huge demand for
this product and therefore we are very sorry that we cannot fulfilled your order

on this occasion. Of course we have refunded all money’s paid in full.

Richer Sounds
Internet Sales
me too :(

After I posted here yesterday, I sent them a nastygram stating how I felt and pointing out the damage they had done to their reputations (esp as they had already charged my credit card). Just got this in reply:

Dear Xavier,

There was a huge demand for the Monsters Inc DVD and the system should have taken off the product on the web site as it fell below a certain level however it failed to do this.

I understand your frustration and so I will send you one Monsters Inc DVD free of charge for the inconvenience caused, from one of our stores. You will find your credit card has been refunded yesterday although will not show up on your statement for a couple of days.

At least they listened, and I will get my DVD anyway :thumbsup:

It does beg the question about their stock levels though - if they have one in a shop to send me, why cant they fulfill my order, and the rest of them that seem to be getting cancelled?

To be fair, they probably got 2000 at a discounted price on promotion from their supplier so to fulfill every order with their usual stock would cost them a fortune. At least they were honest about the problem with their system and have even offered a free DVD to Xavk. Pretty good CS in my book.
If you want to blame someone, blame the greedy gob****es who ordered loads for Ebay!

Milton Keynes RS still have all 3...proably because it is a nightmare parking around there :)

I ordered one online and got the same email. Just popped to RS Nottingham and they had 1 left in stock with a slightly creased box.
They gave it me for £1. :thumbsup:

They still had about 12 Godzilla's in for £2.99 and 15 Chocolat's for £2.99

Quality £1 purchase but I bet it cost me £5 in petrol + £0.50 parking. lol

ThickBloke

Ho-Hum! Lost out online due to the greedy goits brigade - ordered one but never got it, and sadly don't live anywhere near one of there stores.

Now in a moment of great maturity... I hope all those people who bought some to sell on eBay get a bunch of non-paying bidders winning their DVDs!!! Ha!!

Are there really that many people out there who did not get these dvds when they were first released? I think many of the ebay sellers will probably end up stuck with all those dvds they are trying to sell especially if they try and inflate the price.

Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting Richer Sounds

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to yourself

There was a huge demand for the Monsters Inc DVD and this should have been taken off the web site as it fell below a certain level however the system failed to do this.

I understand your frustration and disappointment in regards to this matter and so I will send you one Monsters Inc DVD free of charge for the inconvenience caused, from one of our stores. You will find your credit card has been refunded although may not show up on your statement for a couple of days.

Unfortunately we do have to ensure payment has cleared before orders are processed online, hence the reason of the payment being taken before the goods have been sent Under normal operation the system should have not allowed you to order once a certain level had been reached, but as stated due to this not occurring subsequent orders were taken

I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused, but I hope this will be of help

Yours Sincerely

Chris.

Got the above email from them after sending them a moaning email complaining about the time it took to cancel my order because I could have picked up the DVD from a number of different stores in London. Nice to get it it for free but would have had no complaints about paying £3 for it. If they can send me one from their stores why can't they just source everyone one?

Should also say thanks to Xavk1 for the idea :thumbsup:

I never got the dvd's either, funniest thing was that I made the post on this forum...

Tony8377 said:
If they can send me one from their stores why can't they just source everyone one?

Probably due to the cost involved.

hornydragon said:
Thats RS for you and why i try to never use them...............
Are you serious? RS have by far and away the best customer service of any shop, of any kind, I've bought from.

jimbow25 said:
Are you serious? RS have by far and away the best customer service of any shop, of any kind, I've bought from.

I agree, RS beat the likes of Dixons/Comet etc. hands down.

They actually know what they are talking about and as well as sometimes selling Dvds at amazing prices (£2.99) also do the same on equipment.

I imagine it is frustrating not to receive something you have ordered but every forum going had this bargain posted so there was always a fair amount of people who were going to miss out.

If someone orders 10 and gets them then good for them but I'm not sure it's something to brag about .

Ady Dvd said:
But every forum going had this bargain posted so there was always a fair amount of people who were going to miss out.

Tell me about it, did you check the size of the DVD forums thread :eek:

I ordered 2 for my children, they sent 1 charged me for 2, i emailed richer, they emailed back apologising, refunded me £2.99 and sent another in the post today.
WOW great customer service.

seems i was lucky to get mine then as so many missed out.

Glad you got your 10! stingersplash and thanks for letting us know you did. Certainly will make the ones who missed out feel better :suicide:

stingersplash said:
seems i was lucky to get mine then as so many missed out.
i got mine via citilink courier as i bought 10, ive kept one for myself and gave one to a mate, the other 8 are gonne be kept for a while due to the ebay flood and i know i can get more than a fiver for them.
the incredibles is out in march, so ill stick mine on then.

someone ban this idiot as an example to others, lukily I already had this dvd b4 the offer but my m8 ordered one and hasnt got his!!!!

Then u get guys like stingersplash boasting they got 10, oh and he doesnt leave it their with the possibility of him having a lot of kids in famiily NOOO he goes on to say he is ebaying 8 of the 10 :mad: :nono:

Not just that, he is going to wait til the heat dies down and try and make a bit more ££££ on top of the hard work he put in to do others out of getting a copy.

Im sure little benny- who's "hard up" father ordered him a copy @ a gr8 price-is having a gr8 night tonight reading through that apologetic email about him not receiving his Monsters Inc dvd instead of actually watching the dvd.

Not v.nice m8 and not the treatment I expect on a board of these sorts :lesson:

soup soup soup said:
Glad you got your 10! stingersplash and thanks for letting us know you did. Certainly will make the ones who missed out feel better :suicide:

Unfortunately, looking through his other wonderful contributions to this site he's a bargain lurker through and through who has done this before.
We all know that people do this but to boast about it when there are members who ordered 1 copy and missed out is just totally against the whole spirit of this forum IMO :(

Maybe we should all buy one off him on ebay and give him poor feedback.

Bitter thickbloke

but you dont know my ebay name, or when ill list them.
ill edit other post.

TheDot said:
someone ban this idiot as an example to others, lukily I already had this dvd b4 the offer but my m8 ordered one and hasnt got his!!!!

Then u get guys like stingersplash boasting they got 10, oh and he doesnt leave it their with the possibility of him having a lot of kids in famiily NOOO he goes on to say he is ebaying 8 of the 10 :mad: :nono:

Not just that, he is going to wait til the heat dies down and try and make a bit more ££££ on top of the hard work he put in to do others out of getting a copy.

Im sure little benny- who's "hard up" father ordered him a copy @ a gr8 price-is having a gr8 night tonight reading through that apologetic email about him not receiving his Monsters Inc dvd instead of actually watching the dvd.

Not v.nice m8 and not the treatment I expect on a board of these sorts :lesson:

Well done for quoting this idiot, as he's now edited his earlier post.

What a nob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom