Monster VGA cable- will this work?

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
I've just got hold of a Monster VGA cable and would like to know if there is an alternative way I can obtain the digital audio signal without buying the necessary official Monster toslink adaptor.

I have found out the socket on the cable is a 2.5mm jack and I was thinking of getting a 2.5mm- 3.5mm adaptor and to then connect a mini stereo (3-5mm) to toslink cable. Does anyone think this may be a viable solution? Or will it fail miserably? :)

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
I've just got hold of a Monster VGA cable and would like to know if there is an alternative way I can obtain the digital audio signal without buying the necessary official Monster toslink adaptor.

I have found out the socket on the cable is a 2.5mm jack and I was thinking of getting a 2.5mm- 3.5mm adaptor and to then connect a mini stereo (3-5mm) to toslink cable. Does anyone think this may be a viable solution? Or will it fail miserably? :)

Is the 2.5 to 3.5mm converter an optical converter ? If it isn't and is a standard electrical audio converter, it won't work.

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
^^I was thinking of getting a standard adaptor, but of course the laser needs to be transfered, so you're right, it won't work! :suicide:

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think an optical adaptor for a 2.5mm jack exists.

Buff99

If it's any help, the 360 mini adapter is the same as the original Xbox one from Monster - you might find one of those cheap..

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
If it's any help, the 360 mini adapter is the same as the original Xbox one from Monster - you might find one of those cheap..

Yes, big help. You've just saved me £24.99! :thumbsup:

Gudzy

Im in the same situation, do you know of anywhere to buy the old adapter from cheap?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom