1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Scart con job.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pwiles1968, Jan 19, 2004.

1. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My parents just bought a JVC package from Comet 28”TV S-VHS Video and DVD they got a good deal, but have paid to have it all installed which annoyed me a little when they told me because I would have done it :( , but the bit that really got me steaming was the salesman convinced them to but two Monster Cable Scart leads @ nearly £60 each:eek: , one for was the Video :mad: and best bit is there is only one RGB compatible Scart socket on the TV :mad: :mad: :mad:, Luckily I have convinced them to return them an I will be off to Maplins to buy a Thor Scart for £30 and a cheaper but still decent cable for £15 to put on the VCR. Is it Just me but it really gets my goat when this happens are they on commision?

P.S. anyone used the Thor Scart leads they look like good value.

2. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My parents too have a 28" Jvc and they needed 2 sets of scarts so I got them the Thor ones, good they are too. You don`t want to get them from Maplins if they`re £30 though, you can get them from play.com for £17.99 including delivery.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Thor are £17 from Play and TLC-direct mate get 2 much better value!